Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 08:20 PM

scoobydoo is on a distinguished road
Default How to financially separate

First of all I appreciate the good advice I've been getting since I started posting to this forum. If I could sum up the advice I've been getting online and off its that I should break as many of the financial ties as possible and reduce our financial relationship to one cheque a month.

I would like nothing more than that but it means in general that I have to give up a lot more than she does. I've been paying the bills since my son was born and she does not work now. So I will have to support her completely financially for some period of time when we separate. This is what is driving me to sell the house I own. Not enough money to support two households while I still own the house (we are common-law and I have clear title). However it will take time to sell the house (no profit and possibly a loss, bad market timing) and she as well as I want out as soon as possible.

Any suggestions as to how I can make this happen. Really what should I do? I can't just walk away from the house as much as I would like to. Its complicated but I will end up owing a lot more money if I do that.

Its funny I feel trapped in a web
Closed Thread