No announcement yet.

Ha!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People generally like the underdog. I think this whole thing in the end will help Ford.

Why didn't they just call an election? I believe Toronto has a large immigrant population. I think Ford will play the "undemocratic" card and garner many voters who come from war-torn countries where having one's government overthrown is commonplace.

Comment

Ford did call for a snap election yesterday. It's beginning to look like a better idea the more I think about it. It would probably work for his benefit...strike while the iron is hot..on his side.

I don't like the guy, I hope he does not get re-elected, I don't live anywhere near TO. But to have the snap election would hopefully force Ford, should he win, to face up, put on his big boy pants and perform his mayoral duties in an ethical and conscientious manner.

Comment

Alberta had a rogue Premier (Ralph Klien). He was controversial as well. He ended up being one of the best Premier's the Province had, in my opinion.

Ford needs listen to some savy PR people (if they'd work for him). He now has an opportunity to do what he has to do to improve his image, get help for his personal problems, and back-seat critique the current counsel. It will be interesting to see if the counsel turfs all of the programs he set in place (which would be political suicide). If they do that they will be playing nicely into his hand and would likely assure him a re-election next year.

It will be very interesting to see what unfolds and who Ford sues.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
          Alberta had a rogue Premier (Ralph Klien). He was controversial as well. He ended up being one of the best Premier's the Province had, in my opinion.

Ford needs listen to some savy PR people (if they'd work for him). He now has an opportunity to do what he has to do to improve his image, get help for his personal problems, and back-seat critique the current counsel. It will be interesting to see if the counsel turfs all of the programs he set in place (which would be political suicide). If they do that they will be playing nicely into his hand and would likely assure him a re-election next year.

It will be very interesting to see what unfolds and who Ford sues.
          It is important to note that Ford appointed the executive council and agency chairs, and they are still in place. The deputy mayor was a Ford ally. Denzil Minnan Wong was a Ford ally. They won't be making any radical changes to programs or budgets. All of them voted to strip Ford of power. Ford gave his staff a 5000$ raise before he lost power, one presumes the executive council and deputy mayor can take that away, especially since some of those staff were transferred to the Deputy Mayor's office.

When we say ally, that doesn't mean they supported him when he was elected. There were many conservatives running and Ford got the most votes, but when he was elected, the conservative counsellors did support Ford's fiscal measures.

Comment

Ford is being disingenuous, although I doubt he could spell it.

Legally, council cannot just call a snap election, unless For resigns. But Ford won't resign. Yet he is demanding a snap election.

He is counting on the fact that the majority of citizens don't understand this process.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
              Ford is being disingenuous, although I doubt he could spell it.

Legally, council cannot just call a snap election, unless For resigns. But Ford won't resign. Yet he is demanding a snap election.

He is counting on the fact that the majority of citizens don't understand this process.
              It will be interesting to see how far he can get with this latest example of flagrant dissonance. I doubt he would even know the meaning of the term.

Comment

Originally posted by caranna View Post
                ...this latest example of flagrant dissonance. I doubt he would even know the meaning of the term.
                I think it's safe to assume, that a lot of people wouldn't know that particular term, readily.

Comment

I've learned a lot of these words and terms as part and parcel of being associated with legal and counselling matters.

Maybe Ford will also learn some of these terms as it looks like he is now experiencing both...not that it matters, really.

Comment

Originally posted by caranna View Post
                    I've learned a lot of these words and terms as part and parcel of being associated with legal and counselling matters.

Maybe Ford will also learn some of these terms as it looks like he is now experiencing both...not that it matters, really.
                    I've mentioned cognitive dissonance as I've tried to reconcile Ford antics with his attitude. I've experienced it a number of times recently....

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
                      I bet he gets voted in again, by Toronto, if he stays until election time.
                      I still stand by my statement. :-)

Ford's approval rating strong amid new report on ?domestic assault' - The Globe and Mail

If he stays out of jail, and this actually does "quiet down" over the next few months... I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
                        I still stand by my statement. :-)

Ford's approval rating strong amid new report on ?domestic assault' - The Globe and Mail

If he stays out of jail, and this actually does "quiet down" over the next few months... I don't know.
                        His former allies on council have deserted him.
                        He fired most of his competent staff and others were taken away and assigned to the deputy mayor's office.

The videos the police refer to may still come out.

Many who did campaign work and fundraising for him will not touch him with a ten foot pole.

And another poll last week said that if an election were held, he would come third behind Olivia Chow and John Tory.
                        I'm not predicting a sucessful outcome for him.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X