Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well things have been concluded.There will be no suit against the Crown.
    The one fatal flaw he never sought a Stay to the enforcement. So you are screwed. my lament over this with all that we did do over the years that was the one thing that we were never told to do by ANYONE lawyers legal aide etc.
    So buyer beware and like we all say document eveything and make sure you do everything you are supposed to. We will be still seeking the excessive overpayment and as it stands as much as anyone can say it is a done deal.

I will be truely saying good bye here now as i really have no more role i feel i am not changed in my opinion on the state of family law, its a joke. but the last 10 years has taken such a kicking out of us that we cant fight this anymore. Good luck to all though and we wish you the best and thank you.

Comment

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <woNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> I am certainly sorry at the conclusion. It is not humanly possible to consume the amount of coffee on would drink listening to all the disasters that some have had with the FRO.

In the past you had replied my post about the FRO making a serious mistake where, upon receiving a support order, reversed the my name as the payer and put my ex-spouse’s name as the recipient, then in no time at all, had a garnishment sent to my military pay office. If it had not been for me knowing the payroll staff personally, my ex-spouse would have received money she was not entitled to.

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...mistakes-8946/

Now, yet again, that agency is turning against me as a father without any justification.

My experience with the FRO is that:

a. they are extremely biased against men;

b. they ignore provincial and federal rules, orders and directives and create their own rules as required;

c. they never admit their mistakes, apologize or hold themselves accountable to their errors; and

d. the list goes on.

There needs to be a FRO Ombudsman or independent review office that will respond to instances of FRO negligence or serious breaches of protocols. However, the FRO is too powerful to allow such an agency to be effective, if formed at all.

One has to wonder if the FRO and CAS are sisters!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
        <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <woNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->

One has to wonder if the FRO and CAS are sisters!
        Cha Ching...Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by SillyMe View Post
          Cha Ching...Nice!
          Cha Ching? How is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
            Cha Ching? How is that?
            i think the poster meant that you were right on the money with your comment

Comment

Hey Kenny,
              I have always agreed with your sentiments about FRO. But from my experience they are just out to get the payors. But on the filp side my friend has and order that clearly states she is owed $47 grand in arrears. They had the odacity to tell her 8 months ago that it was not and order! she hasnt seen a dime of it to date. I viewed the order and yup the judge signed off on it. Anything to do with FRO is just screwed up no matter who you are.

Comment

AtALoss:

Thank you very much for posting the FRO corporate contact information from the Canadian Children's Rights Council Page.

I will find this very useful!

Comment

Who is the Minister of Community and Social Services. They over see other departments most notorious FRO. Sisters more like siamese twins LOL

Comment

The Minister is The Honourable Madeleine Meilleu, but that is way too high to start. I have processed government queries, grievances and such before. The problem some make is going too high to start. It actually slows the process down unless it is a MPP taking-up your cause.

The FRO Director of Client Services Branch is currently Bani Bawa. This person is most likely an Executive Officer with some devolved ministerial powers.

If that doesn't work, their boss is the ADM, Family Responsibility Office – Bohodar Rubashewsky. This person is the highest non-political level you can go and is personally responsible for the actions of the FRO (or course if anyone is responsible for them at all).

I have worked for departmental directors before and, if they get blind-sided by a complaint, they simply pass it down for investigation. If there is a documented history in the lower echelons, at least the higher level supervisor can shed light to the director when asked.

Of course, I am speaking from my own government experience (DND). But I have had this conversation with other departments and we certainly agree that, even if the lower-levels don't do their job, at least there is a record of it.

In my case, I have stopped calling the FRO to argue my case. I am sending professional correspondences to build a record before I end-up going to the Director's office then the ADM. Also, I am faxing them the stuff so I have a delivery receipt (and it is quicker).

Time will tell. Wish me luck; I will need it!

Comment

F.r.o.

Well to tell you the truth i do owe arrears not on my account they were to start taking money out on deductions through my employer and failed to do so. Now im in the middle of a court action to terminate my child support. My son that still lives with his mother girlfriend and there own child. And the courts and FRo are still saying i should be paying on going child support... But both free lawyers ive talk to said the support should of stopped the day my son's girlfreind had there child..Does any one have an anwser for that one....

Comment

The two lawyers are correct in what they have told you. Just to ask a bit of background. You need to file a motion to change but make sure you request a Stay of Enforcement. This willcease the deductions while this is being settled in court. Unless the recipient submits a letter to which you have agreed to (and of course that is your stance)There will be nothing that FRO will do unless they recieve a court order stating that it has terminated.

Comment

maybe there should be a sticky of the steps to take to get fro to start taking money and the steps on how to get it stopped.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X