This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Max22258 View Post
    I would have much prefer to have this discussion in french as this would have been easier but now that you know that I am french I will expect some comments on that as well unless you prove me wrong. Remember I was accused of being a criminal. Interesting would you say!!!
    Don't be so dramatic. Being french doesn't make you a criminal. Tax fraud does though.

Comment

Voluntary Disclosures ProgramRemember "she settles her debt with CRA" anyway I am not here to discuss my separation details and neither my life. The only discussion I wanted to share with people is whether or not after separation an ex spouse would be eligible to survivor benefit if one died.
      Did she settle those debts? Or did she die before the CRA found out about your misrepresentation? Have they even found yet?

Again, why would you want to discuss those details? They don't exactly paint a pretty picture do they?

Comment

why don't you go asked her. You just have to dig a few feet, you seem like the guy that would do that!!!
        Last edited by Max22258; 02-08-2011, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by representingself View Post
          Next time somebody disagrees with me, I am going to cry discrimination because I have freckles..

Immigrants, visible minorities, senior citizens, homosexuals, women, Frenchmen and freckled people just can't get a fair shake in Canada!!

I have to remember this one, this is a good one

Comment

mine a little different,divoriced four years ,retirement benefit was never paid now need to figure out how to redirect paid out on benefit back to me anyone got any ideas

Comment

why don't you go asked her. You just have to dig a few feet, you seem like the guy that would do that!!!
              You are seriously one sick dude...

You know... there are special places in hell for people like you..

Comment

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
                Did she settle those debts? Or did she die before the CRA found out about your misrepresentation? Have they even found yet?

Sorry representingself, I just found that offensive and irrespectful to my ex partner.

Comment

Now for the issues that I was talking here I have received an answer. Now I quote the letter from Service Canada in Timmings Ontario. "our file shows that she made valid contributions to the Canada Pension Plan in only X years" sorry but not divulging that. "the deceased must have made valid contributions to the Cana da Pension Plan in at least 9 years between March XXXX and December XXXX" So in other words If she would have made enough contribution I would have been entitled for a Canada Pension Plan benefit. So for others that could have a clause inserted in the separation agreements and that their ex made enough contributions to the Canada Pension Plan would be eligible to receive the Canada Pension Plan Death benefit. That would be so useful for people with children without an income and that has separate to be able to rely at least on something if the person that does pay spousal support died suddenly. I am seing my lawyer tomorrow on other matter and will bring this letter so that he make sure that this is included when he take care of people and separation.

My sympathy still goes to her family for their loss and may she rest in peace, at least she brought something good to others.

I am now done with this thread. thank you

Comment

And that information was available in the link Survivor Benefits I posted long ago in this thread.

Moreover, you have demonstrated YET AGAIN that you don't get it. You can't contract into a survivor benefit via a cohab, separataion or any other agreeement you make. The eligibility requirements are clear. If you don't meet them, tough bananas.

What is very interesting from your partial story above is that your ex didn't contribute at all in at least some periods and you even go on to give (terribly wrong) advice to people with no incomes i.e. people in your situation. The implication is that your ex had no income in some years, and very probably a low income in the other years.

With that in mind, I'm guessing (but can't be sure due to your refusal to disclose) that she was getting a CTB $400-500/mth on average over the 10 years. That alone would be $50,000-60,000 in CTB payments. Add in the false eligible dependant claim and now the estimate of the total you two ripped us off is closer to $75,000-90,000.

But you are "done with this thread" and/or you will continue to run from the truth, so I guess we will never know for sure.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X