No announcement yet.

What financial documents can I request?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What financial documents can I request?

Ex has graduated from a Nursing program and now has a job in that field.

Is it reasonable for me to request to see 3 recent pay statements, details of her employment, (contract, part-time, full time) benefits available.

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to figure out the new proportionate share for s7 expenses.

Our court order requires annual exchange (July 1st) of financial documents (tax returns, NOA's) to determine new amounts of child support.

Given the ex's new status in the work field, I believe this is a reasonable request.

Any input is most appreciated.

Yes its a reasonable request. You should be requesting updated income information for proper calculation as she has received employment in her field and her income has changed from June 1.

Comment

I know you can ask for tax returns, NOA and YTD paystub. I am not sure that you can ask for her contract or benefits. Her paystub will indicate full or part time based on hours worked and benefits don't have an impact on CS or proportionate share of S.7.

Comment

Since you wrote right into your agree that you are going to exchange it he summer, then just do that. In that field she is unlikely to be self employed and will be a normal income earner where everything you need to calculate S7 will be on the NOA or pay stubs. Or is it that you are wanting to change the s7. Then Amount now instead? You may not be able to do that considering you put in a summer exchange of info

Comment

As far as benefits there is an expectation that if you can have benefits through work for your kids you should, but remember sometimes you have to wait a few
          Months before they kick in. My ex tried that once , got a job with benefits and then refused to put kids on it and refused braces for kid, until ex’s own lawyer had to set him straight on that one. All you need from ex is the benefit card or number on it.

Comment

Read this: https://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/...ad.php?t=17239

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X