Truisms Exposed: Justice Pazaratz in Plain English

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
    It does bring out the worst in people and some times orders like this will make people more reasonable and rational. In most high-conflict cases it takes a dose of very strong reality to make people stop thinking about themselves and their "story" and focus on what only really matters... The children.

In my parents case, my mom wanted my dad to suffer. When their last appearance ended she was adamant that they file a new application for more. Her lawyer told her it was over and my mom was so angry. I was with her and told her if she did anything more, she would lose us because it had been seven years to get nothing.

In my partner’s case, his ex refused to accept the law from the beginning and was told by the judge she was wrong. She just went about her work a different way by involving the kids. They actually said to him “this is your punishment for taking moms money”. In court in the fall the judge spent five hours lecturing her on what the law said and how terribly wrong she was. Didn’t stop her, she started ranting about abuse. We are very scared about her next filing for their date in the summer. We are hoping she took the judges words to heart and got a lawyer.

I don’t even think a ruling does it. Look at the woman in this case. Shes now posting on Ellen Degeneres’ page to get help. People who firmly believe they are right won’t let an order stop them.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
      why are you attempting mediation? how much is it going to cost you- not only financially but time as well?

One thing I've learned is that if the other side is unreasonable- and more than that- irrational- mediation doesn't work. It won't work and you'll just delay time to get to court. If you have a lawyer- you'll rack up legal fees.
      Unreasonable people are often so entrenched that even highly skilled mediators or lawyers or therapists for that matter can get through.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X