Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mat Home in My Name: Can Value be Split with STBX in Financial Statement?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the best evidence is good old bank statements of money in, money out. Hope he provides all of those for his "offshore" accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      Some of the best evidence is good old bank statements of money in, money out. Hope he provides all of those for his "offshore" accounts.
      Apparently he has nothing to show for them. Also we are still waiting for his confirmation of his bank statement account balances. He is on vacation now and told his lawyer he will provide them when he returns.

Comment

Originally posted by ddol1 View Post
        I noted here several times of posters stating the inflated financial numbers and the discreptionies in the same and how the lawyers "play the inflation game". In all fairness I have asked my lawyer who has maybe rightfully avoided the answer. I have been under the impression the truth is supposed to be something we are signing to when our 13.1 financial is signed on the last page??

In my case we basically used all my actual numbers and close estimates for those that were not fixed (like my meds) and my ex? Well she has managed to show income of x, expenses of x + $2,000 and on her cash side things like cash, her excluded (before marriage) rrsp/work pension numbers are nearer to 3 times the actual values. Yes I do have copies of the various items above for both of us. My memory had our yearly expenses were typically in the very low 20s, say $22,000 a year but surprize it is now $48,000!

So is the 13.1 financials just a game with no consequence to lies, or would that be purgery after you signed on the dotted line to state these numbers are truthfull? Sort of with the house which we own outright, was estimated by three agents, comparables compared but she despretly wants the house and guess what? She now has it priced by one of the agents who has cut the house value 10% in a rising market over the last year which has seen a 6 - 10% increases..... So at what point are these financial numbers called on to be accurate?
        ddol1, I had meant to quote you before my first post today, but that's OK because I want to vent further...

I am really disillusioned by all this...I was honest in reporting my assets and debts, all the info required for 13.1, in all information during this more than one year of separation. The to be ex is lying in virtually everything. In fact, my lawyer strongly hints that I should not have been so honest.

About the house..it would be a good idea to get it appraised professionally. This is what I plan to do.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X