X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tmac View Post
    thank you so much

I have a finacial information, bank statements, his sworn statement that we jointly owned and he lists the assets and value the same as myself.

he will have to come up withe where abouts of the assets won't he? I didn't have them he did. and for the money gone won't he have to account for disapperance of it and where it went?
    I believe he will have to show where the money/ assets have gone. I don't know how the bankruptcy might change things.

If you have all the statements etc. this is a good starting point. Having them filed in a binder is good advice. It will keep you organized so you can refer to this information often.

Comment

Keep in mind what Frustrated with EX had to say. It's NOT good for you if true. Up to YOU to do your research. I'm done here. Will not respond further.

Comment

Fustrated with EX. ya I thought of that, value of assets but if they are gone they would be value at last noted time. I would think anyway but still not sure about that? Judge would have to look at asset was there at the time ex signed under oath that we had the assets and they were worth that given amount?

I have been on the internet like 5 hours a day trying to find out anything I can. and there is not much

Comment

Check out different lawyers web sites. I find some lawyers websites have a lot of information explained in a very straight forward manner.

Also, if you are employed you should have access to an Employee Assistance Program and you should be able to ask for some legal advice. They will have a lawyer call you or you can see a lawyer for about 1/2 hour time. Make sure you ask for advice on bankruptcy as it relates to the division of your matrimony property.

Comment

I have applied for legal aide waiting for a call.

I just want to know everthing I can before hand.

I have all my papers in order, organized with what I should need.

It is so overwhelming. that this is the road that he took. I don't know how he thought that he could take our assets that we both work 20 years for and keep the cash for them. how he thought that he was getting ahead by loosing everthing we worked so hard for.

I hate to say it but I would be happy with any $

sitting here with nothing, forced to file consumer propal after joint mortgage went forclosure because of him at the age of 42 It really sucks

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X