Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

humour definitely helps. You, me and Arabian in court.. We'd have to try really hard to stifle our laughter! Maybe we'd get kicked out?

My ex (last time I saw him) looked like he'd just been pulled out of a river. Not good. But the legend continues.. That I am "jealous" and "want him back." Oh My God, it is hysterical!!

Comment

Chin up, eyes looking straight ahead - you will walk into that court room feeling 10 feet tall!

Comment

Don't know of this helps or not - but one good piece of advice I got when my daughter was telling me things about her father (my ex) which were not flattering to him, or was trying to get me to agree that he was ridiculous/mean/an idiot, etc. was to say "That's odd, I don't know why your father would do/say that. It sounds to me like he was having a bad day". Then change the subject. This meant that I could acknowledge what she said and she felt heard, but I wasn't going to listen to her talk disrespectfully about her her father. That's not my role, whatever opinion I may have of him myself.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
          Don't know of this helps or not - but one good piece of advice I got when my daughter was telling me things about her father (my ex) which were not flattering to him, or was trying to get me to agree that he was ridiculous/mean/an idiot, etc. was to say "That's odd, I don't know why your father would do/say that. It sounds to me like he was having a bad day". Then change the subject. This meant that I could acknowledge what she said and she felt heard, but I wasn't going to listen to her talk disrespectfully about her her father. That's not my role, whatever opinion I may have of him myself.
          Very good way of dealing with it

Comment

caranna - when is your trial?

Yes we could all have a jolly old time if we could attend each other's court matters. We could slyly take notes and photos for after-court-cocktails!!

Comment

I think stripes meant to post that comment on a different thread :/

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                humour definitely helps. You, me and Arabian in court.. We'd have to try really hard to stifle our laughter! Maybe we'd get kicked out?

My ex (last time I saw him) looked like he'd just been pulled out of a river. Not good. But the legend continues.. That I am "jealous" and "want him back." Oh My God, it is hysterical!!
                Hadenough, yes, Arabian, you and I would make a great triumvirate! I'd love that. Oh goodness you both would surely laugh...I mean it, and without a word being said. Believe me!! I won't say why, but oh my goodnness, Woohoo! Would there be a riot!

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                  Chin up, eyes looking straight ahead - you will walk into that court room feeling 10 feet tall!
                  I've got my kick-ass heels ready!

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                    caranna - when is your trial?

Yes we could all have a jolly old time if we could attend each other's court matters. We could slyly take notes and photos for after-court-cocktails!!
                    I don't know when or if we'll go to trial as there is this case conference first and I have no idea the date as yet.

Right now the thing that bothers me most is that I spelled "bizzare" wrong!

Also I need to know if he still has enough hair to wear in his pony tail.

Comment

@Hadenough - you're right, sorry, wound up on wrong thread and not sure how to find the right one. Apologies for any confusion caused.

Comment

I think you were commenting on E-gals "sole custody recommendation" thread :/

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X