Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 03-02-2020, 11:27 AM

Gilligan is on a distinguished road

OK, but to be clear, we are 50/50 but her income is substantially less because she is on LTD. Historically, I've been on the hook for CS as well as pro-rated section 7. I'm expecting my ex to pay only about 25% of "2/3" of the expenses. Am I wrong on this?

For me, the real kicker is in figuring out what the impact of CS would be if the child stays local or wants to go away for university (which they are leaning towards). Reduction in CS if they go away would mean more paid towards child's education but the financial impact for me would likely be indifferent if they stayed local.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:39 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Not necessarily. Remember that grants and other awards come off the top. If your child uses moms income on their osap application then they will likely get more grant funding. Plus if they go away and its difficult for you and their mom, they may be expected to contribute more.

Your best first step would be to work with your child on their school choices and expenses. Then have the discussions about smart financial planning. It will may figuring out how to pay for it a lot easier.

Tags
resp