Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 04-30-2019, 11:33 AM

Drewster1977 is on a distinguished road
Default How do I enforce financial disclosure?

Hi everyone,
Wondering how I would get the court to enforce my ex's obligation to disclose her financial information? We have a final court order.

She received a retroactive raise and it's court ordered that she change the support amounts and disclose the details of her back pay but she has stonewalled it for 4 months at this point.

If she wants to go back to court, should I filing a 14B or be filing a motion on contempt?
Thanks,
Drew
Old 04-30-2019, 01:10 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

You should file a form 20 request for disclosure. If she fails to respond within a period of time you file a motion to get disclosure.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:30 PM

Drewster1977 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
You should file a form 20 request for disclosure. If she fails to respond within a period of time you file a motion to get disclosure.
Thanks rockscan! Can this be made even though there is a final order?

My ex was ordered to disclose information about a retroactive payout which will vary support but is refusing to follow the Court Order.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:12 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Hmmm if it was in the order then it may be contempt but I thought that was different. Maybe google contempt and financial disclosure for the province youre in.

Tags
14b, contempt, disclosure