Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:05 AM

YoungDad23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachnana View Post
Perhaps you are unaware of your use of certain words in this post, but you should be careful using the phrase "my son". He is not only your son - better to use the phrase " our son" . I would also caution the use of the phrase "while allowing him to maintain maximum contact with each parent as long as his Mother and I can work together." Who decides if you are or are not working together; You? And if you determine you are not working together then this sentence implies that you would not maintain maxiumum contact.

So, maybe its your phrasing for the purpose of this post vut make sure its not in your verbal and writtne submission. IMO it would a reason to make sure it was joint and 50/50 maximum parenting time.

Sorry this is going off original posters topic.
Thanks for pointing out my poor choice of words in my post. I do want my ex and I to have joint custody and gradually work up to 50/50 shared parenting time. That is the ideal arrangement for our son so he has the benefit of two parents who are involved and can at least communicate courteously about his needs as he grows and changes.

Not excusing, just explaining that saying "our son" doesn't come natural to me after being told I was not his father for the entire pregnancy, not told of his birth and couldn't have a picture or meet him until he was several months old. I had to take my ex to court to get DNA testing done and even then, a court order was required for me to be allowed to see him.

Still a work in progress.......

Tags
50/50 access, mediation, sole custody