Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:03 PM

Doctor Martins is on a distinguished road
Default Can I motion for a Judge to the the Case Management Judge?

In my case both the applicant and myself liked one particular judge we had on a Motion who actually heard both sides and seemed to be fair. Can I bring a motion that the particular judge be our Case Management judge for the upcoming settlement conferences, motions, pre trial etc?

And if so can i file this motion as a 14B?
Old 10-31-2017, 06:13 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

No. Keep this judge open for any motions you need to bring and as your trial judge. Your case management judge (who presumably resides your settlement conference) can't be your trial judge.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:16 PM

Is there a way to select this judge for future motions or trial?
Old 10-31-2017, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Martins View Post
Unless your lawyer knows the trial coordinator, doubt it. i have personally have had the same motions judge every time I have filed a motion.

Don't worry about this stuff. Just focus on having the best possible case to present to the judge, whatever judge that may be.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:00 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
You can ask the judge for a motion to "be seized of this matter" for all motions and trail. If your matter is high conflict and both parties agree you may get it. Judges know that consistency gets things through the court system faster. Also ask the motion judge to assign a case management judge as well.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
You can ask the judge for a motion to "be seized of this matter" for all motions and trail. If your matter is high conflict and both parties agree you may get it. Judges know that consistency gets things through the court system faster. Also ask the motion judge to assign a case management judge as well.
Thank you .. is the best way via B14 motion?
Old 11-01-2017, 04:44 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thank you .. is the best way via B14 motion?
That is an excellent question for an actual lawyer. It's not a procedure I am familiar with.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
the case management judge wouldn't hear the motions though. I think OP needs to motion to get rid of case management judge. A new case management judge will then reside. the motion judge may be assigned as case management, however, you won't know who your future motions and trial judge will be.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
That is an excellent question for an actual lawyer. It's not a procedure I am familiar with.
Orleans.

Tags
14b, case management, case management judge, judge