Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 01:26 PM

eightythree is on a distinguished road
Default Applying to push back Settlement Conference

Hi everyone.

I'm not sure if any of you read my last thread titled " Alcohol and Depression Treatment".

I have been going to AA and support groups daily (sometimes 3 times a day) and have been working with a counselor. Yesterday I was accepted into a 21 day residential treatment centre starting on Dec. 19. Work has layed me off holding my position for the year when I complete the program and am ready. I am grateful as I can collect E.I. while receiving treatment.

I was wondering how to go about asking to push back the settlement conference set for Dec. 21. I have been told that the court will most likely be cooperative as I am seeking help which ultimately will affect my daughters best interest. Does anybody have any suggestions or thoughts on this?

Thank you for reading!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:47 AM

sahibjee is on a distinguished road

perhaps write an affidavit and seek other party's consent?
Closed Thread