Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2022, 11:09 AM
divorceakai divorceakai is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 17
divorceakai is on a distinguished road
Default Spouse demanding moving out of Canada as a term for separation

My twin kids are 9 yr old and my wife is demanding that she be allowed to return to our home country with kids for getting a 'cordial' divorce
Ofcourse I do not agree, atleast till the kids turn teenagers and can decide their choice between Canada and a 3rd world country where hiring domestic help is easy, for her.

Both of us earn well here but I do not want to spend money and time running behind attorneys unless there is favorable solution for both
Any suggestions on what to do in this case?
Or just keep bearing our differences till the kids grow up

Note that all of us including the kids are Canadian citizens
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 12:00 PM
rockscan rockscan is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 6,732
rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

She can leave but the kids stay. Its called habitual residence.

You should talk to a lawyer.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 02:04 PM
Tayken's Avatar
Tayken Tayken is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,474
Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

That is the first step to a parental child abduction. The "threat" of moving.

Hire a lawyer NOW and start a motion to have the passports taken from both parents now.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 02:58 PM
Brampton33 Brampton33 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 316
Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

I'm with Rockscan on this one. My ex hinted at the possibility of moving in the future across the country. I said "Go ahead, but the kids stay here".
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 04:21 PM
pinkHouses pinkHouses is offline
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 579
pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Listen to Tayken. Be sly about it. If you have something in writing from them that is great but don't tip your hand.

Is this something that is typically done ex-parte?

After that your ex may become extremely difficult, have a plan in place and get the divorce over with quick because your ex is clearly has no problem lying to you. Demand 50/50 with the kids and your life will be easier with the ex.

Last edited by pinkHouses; 05-10-2022 at 04:31 PM.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Relocating to Canada to Have More Time with Children Istanbul Divorce & Family Law 79 05-30-2018 09:32 PM
Spousal/Child Support Question Jenny Divorce & Family Law 6 10-01-2013 12:01 AM
Still trying to get a child support order fedupp Financial Issues 3 03-17-2009 10:16 AM
Unilateral Change to CS Amount DadofTwoGirls Divorce & Family Law 3 12-21-2006 07:49 PM
Hello, I'm new. My concern? Order obtained fraudulently logicalvelocity Introductions 5 11-16-2006 10:22 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 AM.