Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocation of my child

Hi,

I and my ex have been separated for more than 2.3 years and she moved without my permission to another city and have been living for more than 1.3 years and my settlement conference is coming this month .

I did pass a motion and the judge determined that the status quota is not determined status so my question is

1. Is it worth trying to take this matter to trial? My ex is in legal aid.
    2. Is there any chance of bringing my son back to my city.

The difference in km is 75.

My ex is living in govt aided house and she is doing a minimum wage job and doesn't drive a car and has g2 licenses

Regards

Sshan

Originally posted by sshan View Post
    1. Is it worth trying to take this matter to trial? My ex is in legal aid.
    Only you can answer this question. If your chances of winning are high then is it worth it to proceed? If your chances are low, it may not be.

Is 75km insurmountable? Is there an option for govt housing for your ex closer? Can she get a job but is refusing? Is it better for your son to be in your area? Was it his habitual residence before she left? Are there better supports?

There are always many questions and only you can answer. The biggest question for “is it worth it” is “are you spending thousands to get a few dollars?” And only you can answer that.

Comment

Hi,

We both got married in 2013 and until 2020 Dec she was living in the matrimonial home. When she filed for divorce and through my lawyer I checked why the divorce was filed in Toronto when she lived in waterloo region and based on her lawyer advise she took off from the matrimonial home and she fled to Toronto and from Toronto to Mississauga she is there and in a govt housing.

It is not matter of money but it is a matter of time spent with my son is more valuable than money.

She has done her CPA and doing a 15.00 dollar to get spousal support and for that I'm paying 1000$ dollar per amount along with the full child support.

Is there an option for govt housing for your ex closer?

I'm not sure about that

Was it his habitual residence before she left?

Yes

Are there better supports?

she doesnt have any blood relatives but she is having relatives but they live in Brampton and mississauga.

Regards

SSHAN

Comment

Hi,

I like to add one more thing she didnt give me a notice before moving to another city. The file was moved back to waterloo region except my son.

Regards

SSHAN

Comment

This isn’t an email, you don’t have to sign your name.

My question was rhetorical. Is more time with your son worth the money you spend.

Comment

I think more time with the kids is always worth the fight, especially if there is a reasonable chance of obtaining it.

If the other parent dragged the kids away unilaterally, that's a good sign of "there is a reasonable chance", because otherwise the parent would have gone through the courts to move.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the response.I think there is no need to take it for trial but rather request for more time and close it.

Is it possible to request for cost of travel to pick and drop my son as she doesnt drive ?

Comment

Originally posted by sshan View Post
                Hi,

Thanks for the response.I think there is no need to take it for trial but rather request for more time and close it.

Is it possible to request for cost of travel to pick and drop my son as she doesnt drive ?

You would request to reduce child support to cover your costs of travel.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X