Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get separation agreement signed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get separation agreement signed!!!

I have been separated since 2008. I was presented in Dec 2013 with a separation agreement from ex's lawyer. The back child support amount and section 7 expenses were wrong by $2500. I have not received child support for 2 years. He started paying in Jan 2014 his monthly amount. He is stalling now as he only wants to pay an extra $100 per month towards the arrears and does not want FRO involved as he and his new lady just bought a $360000 house.
    Can I force the agreement some how? My lawyer can not get his lawyer to respond and he tells me he has not seen his lawyer since December and has no plans to see her in the future.
    What options are available? I live in Ontario.

Originally posted by momof 3C's View Post
    I have been separated since 2008. I was presented in Dec 2013 with a separation agreement from ex's lawyer. The back child support amount and section 7 expenses were wrong by $2500. I have not received child support for 2 years. He started paying in Jan 2014 his monthly amount. He is stalling now as he only wants to pay an extra $100 per month towards the arrears and does not want FRO involved as he and his new lady just bought a $360000 house.
    Can I force the agreement some how? My lawyer can not get his lawyer to respond and he tells me he has not seen his lawyer since December and has no plans to see her in the future.
    What options are available? I live in Ontario.
    Unfortunately you cannot force someone to sign the agreement. He is under no obligation to do so if he does not agree with even one of the terms. The fact that him and his new lady bought a house is irrelevant and means very little. I would drop that fact because it will get you no where. If he is unwilling to negotiate or even speak to his lawyer, your only other option is to file in court. CS is basically a slam dunk. Get your lawyer to send one more letter letting your ex know that you will be seeking the courts helps in this matter, and then do it. Don't wait around for him to respond. File in court and have him served. Going to court, really is your only option. You are wasting your own money trying to get your lawyer to get him to act. If you go to court and he doesn't show, you can get an order and then file that with FRO. Whether he wants FRO involved or not, it doesn't matter.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X