No announcement yet.

reasonable income imputation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At what point will you be able to have this reviewed, pursue further imputation? Is there a termination date for SS?

Comment

Originally posted by sahibjee View Post
      here is what happened, the applicant did not show up as expected. the judge terminated all of my arrears (about $2000) but refused to impute more than minimum wage to the applicant even though i had attached many govt stats of what she could be making, the judge said when was the last time she worked in one of those jobs.
      bottom line minimum wage was imputed and CS ordered accordingly
      I think it was the right thing to do to make the attempt, but I understand the thinking of the judge. If there isn't a consistent pattern in recent history it is difficult to project what it should be. If she gets her new credentials from U of T and builds a year or two of work history you can open it up again.

Comment

I was able to convince the judge to impute $25k income to my ex even though she was unemployeed and enrolled in University. I simply pointed out my ex's lavish new lifestyle via her new relationship.

There are companies out there that research and determine appropriate possible incomes for imputation. Although I forget the name of the company in Ottawa, perhaps OrleansLawyer or someone else here might know...

Good luck,
        Atlas

Comment

Originally posted by nogoingback View Post
          At what point will you be able to have this reviewed, pursue further imputation? Is there a termination date for SS?
          SS is already terminated, i am no longer paying. the judge's order is that she must disclose tax information yearly, i doubt that will happen.

I am not sure when i can review the amounts again.

generally i think overall child support guidelines should be reduced to more realistic amounts.

however where are parent is not providing income disclosure the judge should eventually allow an award of the amounts custodial parent is asking for because simply imputing minimum income is most likely encouraging for the other party to keep their actual income hidden.
          secondly if a parent does not disclose there should be an automatic increase in CS equal to that region's yearly inflation.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X