This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What message you receive...

Probably a lot of folks here know Anne Geddes and her work. I even ordered cheques with her design.

Can you imagine cheque with that picture? Yea that one what I have give to my ex with CS every month ?

Here is question
    What message you receive looking to that picture? Is it funny or not for you? Is it disturbing?

PS:
    It's friday. Lets have some fun
    Last edited by WorkingDAD; 05-13-2011, 04:36 PM.

Seriously!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
      Probably a lot of folks here know Anne Geddes and her work. I even ordered cheques with her design.

Can you imagine cheque with that picture? Yea that one what I have give to my ex with CS every month ?

Here is question
      What message you receive looking to that picture? Is it funny or not for you? Is it disturbing?

PS:
      It's friday. Lets have some fun
      is this supposed to be art?? It amazes me what some people can make money off of and call it art. Parent does this to a child and it would be a hate crime and child abuse.

W D I think you have tooooo much time on your hands.

Comment

Pretty low ... but then again ... I will admit that I try to tend to just skip over WD's posts because if they infuriate me and I don't even know him then I can't imagine what his ex must feel about him ... (and we all know what he feels about her) ...

Comment

That's not Anne Geddes work and the baby wasn't posed like that. The hair and moustache and swastika and belts have been photoshopped.

Regardless, it's not very funny.

Comment

Godwin's Law.

Comment

sick and offensive

Comment

It might confirm a few things about you...

Comment

Well
                  Thank everybody for responses... For all of them...

I came up to this picture by accident putting Anne Geddes in google search for pictures...

For me personally it bring really mixed emotions. At first second it looks funny. Than it not funny. Than it's really not funny...

But from other point of view that art main goal. Bring emotions - good or bad...

And I am not in any way character supporter of any way. I came from country which lost 10s of millions people in 2WW. A lots in my own family. And even more from 70 years of communists after... And I hope that will never ever happened again...

But try look deeper. He was a baby one day. His parent loved him. And so on but than he turn to the one of the worst thing in history of mankind...

To me that picture (or somebody bad's joke) bring one question.

How from inosent baby can grow something like him?
                  Whos fault is that?
                  Would you blame completely parents?
                  Could it be avoided or that just hard wired...

PS:
                  I apologize if it offence somebody that was in no way my intention or something like that. I just try to get other people reaction to compare.

PS2:
                  Well I ask my self a lot of hard questions lots of time - is it really bed?

Comment

Originally posted by DunnMom View Post
                    Pretty low ... but then again ... I will admit that I try to tend to just skip over WD's posts because if they infuriate me and I don't even know him then I can't imagine what his ex must feel about him ... (and we all know what he feels about her) ...
                    what did I do?
                    I can tell you what I think about my ex. I really think that she is lost. I believe she got really bad advises. I really believe she got scared when I got married that I will take baby from her even I would newer do it. I know for sure that she has very low self esteem what I try to bring up for 3 year and failed obviously...

I will be honest with you. I have problems with woman only when I want to leave... Obviously I am doing something wrong there, and I tried to figure it out long time and do not really have luck ... I hope I will not need it anymore...

I hope that message will not infuriate you...

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
                      Well
                      Thank everybody for responses... For all of them...

I came up to this picture by accident putting Anne Geddes in google search for pictures...

For me personally it bring really mixed emotions. At first second it looks funny. Than it not funny. Than it's really not funny...

But from other point of view that art main goal. Bring emotions - good or bad...

And I am not in any way character supporter of any way. I came from country which lost 10s of millions people in 2WW. A lots in my own family. And even more from 70 years of communists after... And I hope that will never ever happened again...

But try look deeper. He was a baby one day. His parent loved him. And so on but than he turn to the one of the worst thing in history of mankind...

To me that picture (or somebody bad's joke) bring one question.

How from inosent baby can grow something like him?
                      Whos fault is that?
                      Would you blame completely parents?
                      Could it be avoided or that just hard wired...

PS:
                      I apologize if it offence somebody that was in no way my intention or something like that. I just try to get other people reaction to compare.

PS2:
                      Well I ask my self a lot of hard questions lots of time - is it really bed?
                      W D the picture in itself is offensive. Your question however is not and a valid one in my opinion. I believe that in order to find answers to questions that we may have in life, we need to be able the maturity to answer those questions. For example the "N" word. Sometime that word has to be used to spark questions, others use the word to write songs, make movies and for profit.

As a society and free country we should be able to use certain words or pictures to educate others and in my opinion for that purpose only. However when used in hate or to promote hate then that's another story. I do not believe you're promoting hate you've broken no laws nor violated any of the human rights act, your question is one more for debate. Which also in my opinion is heathly as long as we all understand its intent which for me was clarified better in your second post. If you wish not to participate you should reframe, that's what's so great about being free as its a matter of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by LostFather View Post
                        W D the picture in itself is offensive. Your question however is not and a valid one in my opinion. I believe that in order to find answers to questions that we may have in life, we need to be able the maturity to answer those questions. For example the "N" word. Sometime that word has to be used to spark questions, others use the word to write songs, make movies and for profit.

As a society and free country we should be able to use certain words or pictures to educate others and in my opinion for that purpose only. However when used in hate or to promote hate then that's another story. I do not believe you're promoting hate you've broken no laws nor violated any of the human rights act, your question is one more for debate. Which also in my opinion is heathly as long as we all understand its intent which for me was clarified better in your second post. If you wish not to participate you should reframe, that's what's so great about being free as its a matter of choice.
                        Thank you LF for your time and response...
                        Idea was to get as raw response as possible. First reaction - most of the time it's real reaction. That why I did not put all those questions in first post.

I completely agree with you about "use certain words or pictures to educate others" and "used in hate or to promote hate". I believe we have better chances to not to repeat it if we will remember about that. And let me remind to all it happened not so far ago. In historical measurements it like yesterday on even this morning.

But lets return to my point.

Most of us parents here. That why I am here too. As a parent my biggest fear is to fail as a parent.

Could you imagine bigger failure as a parent than in this case?

I do not have time today (have to run) but I will try to find something about his parents and his childhood.

It's interesting to me. What did they think? What did they do. Did they still loved him as a parents to their/his last day?

Of course if you ask any parent do you think your child can become something like that - they will tell you NO WAY. ARE YOU CRAZY? But I bet his parents also was like that.

But in reality you can not possible be 100% sure right? We do not really know for sure.

You can call me crazy or like some poster narcissistic (that actually first time and force me to read what does it mean) but even before I had a child I was always very afraid of fail as a parent. Now when I have child and it's taken from me it's even worse...

Comment

i for one have more important things to do then worry about hitlers parents and if they loved him or not.

Comment

Originally posted by paris View Post
                            That's not Anne Geddes work and the baby wasn't posed like that. The hair and moustache and swastika and belts have been photoshopped.

Regardless, it's not very funny.
                            Have to agree photoshopped and not very funny. The baby pic itself strikes a similar resemblance to my own daughter when she was about that age.

Comment

Not funny, not witty, not engaging, just another weak ass post.

What exactly were you thinking? In fact, are you even in possession of a brain?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X