X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
    You're welcome.

Hopefully it didn't take you 7 years.
    Nah...two and a half and I was married for 21 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlanticcanadian View Post
      I think you misunderstand. The belittling, sarcasm and putting people down help me actually stop feeling sorry for myself and move on, so once again thanks. Actually, I have two interviews set up for two good paying jobs and getting my career back on track so once again thank you. This is one person you can't get to anymore. Some of your comments and your behaviour are childish, school yard antics imho.
      Whatever works, right? Some people understand a gentle word, while others need to be hit with a brick.

If what you say is true, then enjoy your new life - we wish you well.

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary M View Post
        Whatever works, right? Some people understand a gentle word, while others need to be hit with a brick.

If what you say is true, then enjoy your new life - we wish you well.

Cheers!

Gary
        Thank you for your kind words. I think it more of being hit with a baseball bat but frankly you guys were right. Give credit where credit is due. Man I should have used you guys as my lawyer. I would have been treated better.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlanticcanadian View Post
          I should have used you guys as my lawyer.
          There are people on this forum who I would have represent me in a heartbeat. No question.

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

• The best lessons are learned the hard way let's face it. I agree ^ Gary - I have learned more from this forum in less than a year than I can properly express. Definitely there are a few people on here that would be excellent representation!

Comment

• The best lessons are learned the hard way let's face it. I agree ^ Gary - I have learned more from this forum in less than a year than I can properly express. Definitely there are a few people on here that would be excellent representation!
              Well said and I agree. This forum is an excellent tool but you're not always going to hear what you want to hear.

The posters that get petulant about not getting what they want...in life and in this forum are ridiculous.

I notice that there are almost universally two types of people in divorce cases...the pessismistic, bitter, angry, greedy, self absorbed one that never really recovers and goes into the next relationship with the same warped mentality...and the optimistic, forward-looking, happy one that uses the divorce as an opportunity to really figure out what they want in life and their next partner.

As women, we're lucky to have rights and live in a country that we CAN get divorced. There are other places in the world where we'd have been buried up to our necks in sand and have rocks thrown at our heads.

Life is really all about attitude and perspective. If you walk around miserable while whining about how you've been mistreated all the time, that's exactly how the rest of your life will be.

Comment

• SLUG: ^ I'm sure a lot of people would be pretty thrilled if you moved (far, far away.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                  As women, we're lucky to have rights and live in a country that we CAN get divorced. There are other places in the world where we'd have been buried up to our necks in sand and have rocks thrown at our heads.
                  PH,

I have 6 tours of duty in Africa, the Middle East, South Asia, and Yugoslavia.

I've been to those very countries you described many times. I've been to the spot where an Afghani woman had the contents of her head sprayed all over the sand -publicly, and to cheers from the bloodthirsty crowd- for "dishonouring" her family.

I have seen things that can, and do, make the toughest of people weep like babies.

And then I come home to Canada and listen to people whine about their rights. Women's rights, gay rights, parental rights, human rights, black rights, white rights, in-between rights, Charter of Rights, political rights, the right to free speech, information rights, divorce rights, kids' rights, transgender rights, the right to remain silent... It all makes me want to scream. People have NO idea how many rights they actually enjoy, and that those rights were bought and paid for with the blood of my brothers and sisters in arms.

I can't believe that I manage to confine my disgust (seething anger, really) to text, when what I'd like to do is drag some of these whiny self-entitled nitwits with me to visit some of those places. People here seem to think that I'm angry and bitter over my divorce... nothing could be farther from the truth.

When you have seen children murdered by fanatics, it's kind of hard to feel sorry for someone who didn't get the boat during equalization. When you've seen a 7 year old boy sent into a police station and used as a human bomb, it's kind of hard to feel sorry for someone who who was shortchanged by <$2 in CS.

When you've seen the absolute worst in the human race, it's hard to feel sorry for anybody in this part of the world.

Makes me sick, really. Apologies to all if any of that comes through in my posts.

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

• ^Gary

((hugs))

...and thank you

Comment

• Gary:

I second what cbarker said...thank you.

Comment

• Right on Gary, perspective.... thanks

Comment

• canarymom appears to be a troll and if not, how does she qualify for Legal Aid with her income from CS and SS

Comment

• Gary, I truly appreciate what you've been through and seen, and I have the utmost respect for your dedication to proctecting our country and our liberties, but when you make a post such as this as a response to a mother who has expressed, (albeit at times very emotinally and at her worst) and use your experience to compare to what I, am many others have been through with our divorces, it is simply incongruent and quite frankly, ridiculous!

Sorry, just saying it as I see it.....

Comment

• Originally posted by CanaryMom View Post
                              Gary, I truly appreciate what you've been through and seen, and I have the utmost respect for your dedication to proctecting our country and our liberties, but when you make a post such as this as a response to a mother who has expressed, (albeit at times very emotinally and at her worst) and use your experience to compare to what I, am many others have been through with our divorces, it is simply incongruent and quite frankly, ridiculous!

Sorry, just saying it as I see it.....
                              Didn't you say you were leaving a while back?

Comment

• Berner Faith, I have the right to do whatever I want and change my mind whenever I choose. Thanks.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X