This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it worth it

We are just hammering out a separation agreement, we have one major disagreement. My question is , can it be enforced in an agreement as if not I will not do it. I want to be able to take my boys 10 & 8 away in the winter for a weeks vacation. We have never gone away during the school year as he can't take off time. I have gone down south a day or two early with them and come back a day or two later to save money and xmas or march break. Can I say in the agreement I can have any one week in Jan or Feb, whether mine or his to take them out of school for a week and take them south and that he must sign the declaration allowing me to travel with them. He is saying they can't be taken out of school etc but its only because if he takes them at march break or xmas the price doubles. Again he had no problem with me taking them two days early at march break and bringing them home two days lafter to save money.

The kids do well in school and this is basically while they are in grade school ( I am not sure about when in grade 7 or 8, but won 't in high school)

You can put anything you want in your SA so long as you both agree to it.

Why don't you just travel for a week during the winter on "your week"?

You could put a clause in that says neither one of you will withold consent to travel with the children on a winter vacation during your regular appointed time.

Comment

I could, but just thought if a last minute ( week or so notice) deal came up, that I could afford , I would like to be able to take it. Again I don't know if he will say no, just thought if there is a clause in it, then he might not fight me on it if it does come up. Don't want to put things in that will start fights if not enforcable.

thanks.

ps GO SENS GO

Comment

First off, good luck, hopefully he will be reasonable and not put up roadblocks for you to take your kids on a trip.

And yes... Go Sen's!!! should be a good game

Comment

after doing some more reading, I will just take them on myweek. Its not right to impose on his week. This way there should be no reason not to sign the travel declaration

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X