Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know if they need to be disbanded entirely. They do serve a purpose but the problem lies in that they have to be brought down several notches. Since 1996 as and entity our government placed them essentially above the law. They have been given the power to do anything they like, and that is wrong. We have spoken to just about everyone from the Prime Minister, Attorney General, Justice Dept. on down to our local MP. No one will get involved in any way shape or form. Again in my mind that is wrong.

I dont know how much you have read about my spouse's story but in a nut shell support was to end in 2002. FRO has pursued him all this time. They are so clueless. We got a call from them Nov 07, saying could not get any credit til his youngest turns 18. On that exact date in 3 months time that child was turning 24. (and by the way has 2 kids of her own) We have been led to believe that the EX wrote a letter in to end support back in Dec2004. Her lawyer and FRO will not produce it despite one of thier managers claims it does. Go figure? By the end of 2005 they had taken evrything from my spouse, his business, house pretty much everything and finally made him homeless at that time. Anyway in Dec 2008 this was finally ended. The Judge put in his order that they had no jurisdiction since 2002. Good bye and thatnk you very much. My resentment is that they now tell us that we must sue the recipiant for the overpayment, (potential in excess of $120G). I cant get answers as to why when it is clearly thier screw up other than "you cant sue FRO". Our Response "Oh really" (watch and see) Our suit against the Crown will be starting first thing this fall.

Comment

Conned by FRO

While my lawyer is filing a motion to vary SS due to 50% reduction in income, he advised me to contact FRO and make arrangments with them so they would not persue further enforcements.

Heres what happen to me.

1) June 13, 2009, received letter from Department of Justice, that on June 9, 2009, they were served with a garnishee summons, from FRO.

2) Letter from FRO (June 17, 2009) offering me the opportunity to enter into an agreement to pay the arrears over a negotiable period of time. The FRO will not pursue more aggressive means of enforcing payment if you enter into and honour a "Voluntary Arrears Payment Schedule". They asked me to fill out the enclosed financial statement and make a proposal indicating I will make regular support payments and suggest a reasonable and regular amount towards the arrears. I completed the form agreeing to pay monthly $1,138.00 support plus a further $500.00 towards the arrears made by direct debit from my bank account starting July, 1, 2009. I made this as generous as possible in order to get quick acceptance by FRO.

3) June 29, 2009, received letter from FRO accepting my proposal as mentioned above. As long as I honour the payments required by this Voluntary Arrears Payment Schedule, FRO will not take more aggressive enforcement action such as suspending my driver’s license or ordering me to court to attend a default hearing." We are pleased to accept this arrangement and look forward to working with you.
      Family Responsibility Office.

4) I faxed an appeal letter to FRO, respectfully asking they cancel the garnishee summons to the Department of Justice as my voluntary arrangement of paying $1,638.00 per month was accepted. 50% of my CPP and OAS would be $614.00. This totals $2,252.00 per month. My total income is $2,239.00. They claimed my financial statement and my proof of income were not scanned. I again sent them my 2008 income tax and proof of income totaling $2,239.00.

5) August 4, 2009, after accepting the above mentioned proposal, I received a letter from Family Responsibility Office, stating they sent a support deduction notice to my income source (Department of Justice). This is an "AMMENDED SUPPORT DEDUCTION NOTICE".
      The amount of the arrears payment is $ 500.00 monthly effective immediately
      Family Responsibility Office.

After being conned by FRO, I am paying $1,638.00 by direct debit to FRO, plus a garnishee of $500.00 per month from Department of Justice or 99% on my income.
      They don't care !!!!
      Suckered

Comment

There is God !!!

Just received notice from FRO.

They sent Dept. of Justice a "Notice of Termination of Spousal Support" cancelling the $500.00 deduction from my CPP and OAS.

Thank You FRO

Albatross

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X