Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel like their lawyer spoon feeds your ex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else feel like their lawyer spoon feeds your ex?

It drives me nuts maybe i just feel too close to the fire but i swear my lawyer spoon feeds my ex who is self repped
    I pay my lawyer for me but it seems my lawyer has to explain everything to my ex that happens or will happen.

Are you paying for this time/communication between your lawyer and your ex? If so, then I would definitely put an end to that communication and direct your lawyer to get your consent before any and all communication with your ex.

Comment

I'm on the other side of the coin.

I'm self rep and ex has a lawyer.

He does explain some of the procedural stuff to me in his replies which I'm sure ex is paying for.

Comment

Ya i pay for it but its because the judge instructed my lawyer tooRidiculous

Comment

Originally posted by ringettteplayer View Post
          Ya i pay for it but its because the judge instructed my lawyer tooRidiculous
          You're kidding? I've never heard of that before.

Comment

The judicial system has a responsibility to explain things to self-repped individuals within reason.

Lawyers are officers of the court.

Comment

Thanks Links!!

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                Are you paying for this time/communication between your lawyer and your ex? If so, then I would definitely put an end to that communication and direct your lawyer to get your consent before any and all communication with your ex.
                What they said. ^

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X