Costs Awarded!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costs Awarded!

A long awaited update to my post from this spring... (CanLII link).

Total amount is 70%+ of what was sought, and "... will be paid through the Family Responsibility Office (FRO) as a form of child support payable forthwith. A support deduction order (SDO) will issue."

If the cost order is posted to CanLII, I'll update this thread.

Considering this a huge win.
    Enforcement/collection will be challenging, but that's a discussion for another day.

YYZDaddy

Wow congrats YYZdaddy! Just goes to show the changing times and judges who recognize the role fathers play!! Hope your son is able to transition to this and is functioning much better emotionally!

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
      Wow congrats YYZdaddy! Just goes to show the changing times and judges who recognize the role fathers play!! Hope your son is able to transition to this and is functioning much better emotionally!
      Thanks rockscan... he's been a champ! Only thing left to do is rubber stamp the divorce papers. No rush, but it'll be a milestone.

Comment

Wonderful news! Hope you have a fantastic weekend celebration!

Comment

Congrats from YHM!

Comment

It's sad it took a 30 page judgement to beat a crackhead.... But way to go anyways. Your son has a chance now, make sure you collect them child support cheques.....

Wait, there was no income imputed to her?
            Last edited by Links17; 08-13-2016, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
              It's sad it took a 30 page judgement to beat a crackhead.... But way to go anyways. Your son has a chance now, make sure you collect them child support cheques.....

Wait, there was no income imputed to her?
              No income imputed, but she will be working soon. Her parents have run out of patience. The costs endorsement states it'll be paid through FRO... I'll let them handle the collections. ;-)

Seriously, I don't care if it's $100/mo at this point. It's a sweet victory.

Comment

It's sad it took a 30 page judgement to beat a crackhead....
                Also, I credit the judge for documenting so well. Her appeal was shot down immediately. I don't care how simple a decision it is... if he failed to adequately document his decision, alternates considered, how the evidence applied to the law... I'd see that as poor work.

Comment

Originally posted by YYZDaddy View Post
                  Also, I credit the judge for documenting so well. Her appeal was shot down immediately. I don't care how simple a decision it is... if he failed to adequately document his decision, alternates considered, how the evidence applied to the law... I'd see that as poor work.
                  True. Still sad... how did the crackhead afford an appeal?

Comment

True. Still sad... how did the crackhead afford an appeal?
                    Mommy & Daddy money, and possibly Legal Aid.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X