X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Draft Regs on Pension Division

Ontario seeks comment on pension regs | Advisor.ca

Before I wade through the legalese on my own, does anyone have a Coles notes version of the impact of this? From a quick scan, it affects any marital breakdowns in process, even retroactively provided divorce not final. I'm 2 years and over 20,000$ into the legal process, pension valued, now arguing endlessly over the numbers, to the lawyers' glee.

And of course my lawyer appears completely oblivious to the potential changes. Not a word about them to date.

Not sure if these draft changes set me back to square one but it sure sounds like the value of the pension (I'm collecting it already) is entirely up in the air now. The actuarial's value appears to be a non-player from what I scanned? And not sure if I stand to gain or lose based on the new reg's (based on how this is all going so far, I'd guess at 'lose'...)
    Last edited by dave9911; 03-17-2011, 10:41 AM. Reason: addition
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X