Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revoking an offer to settle

Morning all!

Question...If I previously gave an offer to settle can I revoke it and how would I go about doing that?

I would think you can just send a letter to the lawyer revoking it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you making a new offer? If so then simply send the new offer and revoke the first.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
        Are you making a new offer? If so then simply send the new offer and revoke the first.
        So my new offer overrides my last? There are no lawyers involved so I assume I can send the new offer to the other party? If so, can I mail it or email? We typically email each other documents.

Comment

You add a line at the beginning that says all previous offers are hereby revoked.

There is a court form you can fill out and use.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
            You add a line at the beginning that says all previous offers are hereby revoked.

There is a court form you can fill out and use.
            Great! Thank you so much for your help!

Comment

I believe as per the Rules, you just need to make sure it is signed (I know the Offers are supposed to be signed so I would make sure a revocation is signed as well).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X