This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needng advice

I have been divorced now for two years and it seems that my ex only wants to argue about everything!!!!!!! Since our child was born I have been the one to find care for him when he was little (and we were together) and even after we separated. My ex never paid his half of the daycare expenses and now that our child is out daycare due to their age he wont help find summer care. My ex believes that because he takes our child for one month in the summer the obligation ends there (did I mention I pay him support for that month also-which I wont be next summer guaranteed). He does pay child support each month but in his due time. In August this past summer he was in arrears for back support (which he paid after alot of back & forth and threatening to go to family responsibility office). I need to know how can get my ex to step up to his poarental responsibility and get him to actually participate in finding care for our child for 1 month. Also how do I get him to pay his support on time.......today is the 14th of november and no support for november has been recieved to date.

ty
    Frustrated

catch 22

Good luck with that. My ex is the same with support - he pays - but in his own good time. Makes it very difficult to plan financially as I depend on that support to meet my budget. But as long as he pays there isn't really anything I can do. Even the FRO only goes after them if they are severely in arrears.

Comment

I would have the Family responsibilty office involved to collect the support owing. I realize that there is flaws with the FRO but its all that is available to take measures and enforce support obligations.

Comment

There are a lot of problems with the FRO, but if your ex is a salaried employee and there are problems with late payments, that's the best way to go.

Note that there can be a delay of several months before they get the enforcement going, so you should be prepared for that wait.
        Ottawa Divorce

Comment

late support payments

Maybe there is a good reason for his being late. Have you tried talking to him about the reason he finds it necessary to be late. Remember that both of you went through a financial reorganization with the divorce. He may not be as set as you think. Give him a chance to explain.

Comment

reorganization??? oh please.......this schmuck has no reorg to do......he has had renters in the basement in the marital home that has not been claimed as income nor has it been in consideration for the amount of child support to be paid........I am the only one who has had to reorg their life.........I reorg for his convenience and when and if he pays his support that is due.....Im guessing the moron thinks that feedin our child can wait til HE can afford it.......

Comment

I'd definitely have the support payments go through the FRO, since he cannot be responsible enough to either provide 12 months post dated cheques or timely monthly cheques.

I'd also ask for an updated Financial Statement from him that reflects rental income. He most likely owes you an increased amount and you can ask for it retroactive to when he acquired renters.

Comment

If he is renting out his basement this would make him a landlord and would subsequently claiming this income on his income tax returns.

This would construe to be a material change as his income has increased. You could aslo ask for an updated financial statement and he has 10 days to comply with the request.

Most people when they rent they request receipts and claim amount paid on their own income tax.

If you think he hasn't been honest and there is people actually living in his household, video tape the cars in the driveway. It is easy to track someone down via a license plate. This can be done on the MTO website or KIOSK located in the malls. You can always summons these people to a court proceeding.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X