This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denying access and contempt motion

My son went to live with his Dad back in July and I was denied any access to him until this January when we had a settlement conference and the judge made an access order we both agreed upon. I was to have visitation fri night 6 pm to Sun night 6 pm on a biweekly basis starting on such date. By this point I should have had 5 weekend visits. Out of the 5 weekends he should have been with me 3 of the visits were cancelled/denied for one excuse or another. I don't think BD is taking this court order very seriously. I'm thinking about filing a contempt motion. Even if nothing comes of it perhaps it will make him aware that he needs to follow the court order even if he doesn't want to.

My main question is are there any cons to filing a contempt motion? Can it backfire and make things worse? I just really want to see my son. We used to be really close. Now I feel like I don't even know him any more.

How old is your son? What excuses were given? Was it your ex that told you or your son?

Comment

He's 14. Most of the excuses were given by my ex's girlfriend. Once my son called me himself. Each time he said he had a thing he can't miss for Cadets.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X