This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get out of here???

I need to have my posts deleted. They are being used against me in the so called court of Family Law.

Jeff, Lindsay, and LV have all jumped shipped. Please anyone left just delete my posts.

You have done it for other members, so I am praying you can do it for me. PLEASE!!!

I am sorry to hear this, however the only individual that can delete anything from the sight is the administrator, Jeff, and if you cannot contact him or get this cleared up there really is nothing any other member can do about past posts.

Just keep asking, be pleasant as honey gets more than salt and vinegar.
    State your need for having this done quickly.

Good luck!

Comment

I tried to edit one of my posts out of existence in the Introductions section (I tried to overwrite the existing msg by clicking Quote and adding the test msg to replace the existing text) and all it did was add that test case to the thread. This is the only forum I've ever been on where you're not allowed to edit your own posts. That is definitely something that should be allowed to prevent the kinds of scenarios you described. Sorry I couldn't help.

Comment

Hi Grace I remember you very well, yes indeed it does appear everyone has jumped ship, haven't seen a moderator on here for a long long time. Appears LV was the last to go.

Good luck

Comment

BTW no offence to all those who continue to try to help and post, it is simply this site is not what it once was. It has been abandoned by those who were it's force. The success may not have been what the creator(s) had hoped perhaps in terms of revenue (just my opnion). I remember when Jeff started this. I was a lurker from day one and joined a little later, I think I have most every post. WOW an unreal experience he and Lindsay would hop on and off help taking an active interestin those of us who were soooo perlplexed by the "system" they soon disappeared but LV continued. As well as many others who have also gone. Well who can blame him/them for finding a life beyond Ottawa Divorce.

Comment

Oh and by the way FL, yo are doing a great job of trying to help people.
            Grace knows vey well how things work here she has actually been a MOD herself and resigned over certain issues that if you wish to research could probably find in the archives here, she is a very smart person who knows how things work so if any can help her here that would be great. We know for a fat it isnot only Jeff who can delete posts, sooooooo....anyone?

Comment

No luck so far. I have contacted the administrators to no avail. Jeff is no longer a member of the Law Society or practicing law.

BEWARE, members and posters. Your posts can be traced back to you and used against you. DO NOT GIVE OUT LEGAL ADVICE!!!

Honestly, I was just trying to help, but it has come back to bit me.

Thanks to the members who posted on this thread and tried to help. I appreciate it, please proceed with caution.

Comment

This is what I found for editing posts,

"Can I edit my own posts?
                If you have registered, you will be able to edit and delete your posts. Note that the administrator can disable this ability as he desires. Your ability to edit your posts may also be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.

To edit or delete your posts, click the button by the post you want to edit. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting the post may result in the removal of the entire thread.

After you have made your modifications, a note may appear, which notifies other users that you have edited your post. Administrators and moderators may also edit your messages but this note may not appear when they do so."

However, I think that the edit option has been disabled.
                And since none of the admin. are available I feel that this option will not be available unless someone can get the attention of an admin.

Comment

Further,
                  Once a reply has been added to a thread the edit option no longer exists for the previous post(s), so there is a time limit incorporated in posts.
                  You would have to delete the post promptly before someone posts a reply. After that you are SOL

Comment

I am a very active member of this forum and will continue. I'm not clear why anyone would presume otherwise. I'm generally here on a daily basis until recently which I had to deal with a personal illness.

As far as deleting posts; I do not have the authority. Please contact Jeff.

lv

Comment

I presumed that LV, most sincere apologies.

Comment

Me too LV. I am just so frustrated!!!

I know you mean well and are trying to help the existing members. But I find it hard to believe as the sole Moderator you can't delete posts. When I was Moderator I could.

It was done for GoodDadGoingMad. So why can't you do it for me???

Can you give me a contact # for Jeff. I have tried to no avail. According to the Law Society he is no longer a member. Nor has posted on this site in months.

Thanks in advance.

And also thanks for the member that posted offering help. I appreciate it and wish you luck in your own battles. Family Law is an ugly sport.

Comment

Grace - you can contact me directly via email at forums@ottawadivorce.com

Please set out the circumstances and let me know which posts you would like deleted and I will look things over.
                          Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Everyone else - I understand your comments about the forums. I'm sorry that this is how things have turned out. Unfortunately, due to personal circumstances, I've shut down my law practice and haven't been able to participate in the forums. It always was a highlight of my day discussing things in this community and I have missed it greatly.

I really do appreciate everyone for keeping things going, **especially** the tremendous effort put in by logicalvelocity. Thanks so much.
                            Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X