This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expenses

I am very tired of my ex pushing off our situation- my question is can i ask that she has to pay my expenses ( ie lawyers fees) due to neglect of the situation ( even half) she does not want to settle on anything and it is draining me financially and mentally

You can ask for expenses but depending on the judge you may not get them. This was my experience. I think if you can make a strong case of her prolonging things you may be successful.
    In my case, my ex has been dragging our case on for over 4 years. We recently had a settlement meeting and because the judge felt we had accomplished something during the meeting that I was not granted costs. All we accomplished at the meeting was an agreement as to the value of our houses and my ex even pulled a fast one at the meeting by stating that he wanted me to take over the family business and he stay home and collect support from me (I already have a full time job). I was pretty upset.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X