OLC - Added Legal Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLC - Added Legal Fees

I know OCL is "free", but there are costs involved on both sides legal fees wise. I recall reading a post where Tayken said they can add up to an addition $10,000 to your legal fees. But now I cant find that post (Tayken has a lot of posts). I did try searching for it.

I am assuming these costs include the time your lawyer spends at the disclosure meeting, the time to review the report, then if necessary defend the report.

Am I correct in assuming this?

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
    I know OCL is "free", but there are costs involved on both sides legal fees wise. I recall reading a post where Tayken said they can add up to an addition $10,000 to your legal fees. But now I cant find that post (Tayken has a lot of posts). I did try searching for it.

I am assuming these costs include the time your lawyer spends at the disclosure meeting, the time to review the report, then if necessary defend the report.

Am I correct in assuming this?
    The basic principle is that the OCL injects significant conflict into any matter they touch. A significant amount of time is added to most cases in the 6-10 month range. Figure out your average monthly cost of legal fees and then add up 6-10 months. It generally is NOT worth the effort to get them involved.

OCL is never "free" when you look at the big picture.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X