This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• writ of possession question....

My spouse did not reply to my divorce application served in December...my spouse did not show up for our first court appearance on February 9th...it went to a default judgement. I have received my court order including me to have exclusive possession of the matrimonial home and allow the sale of the home with no signature required by my spouse. My spouse still lives there, I do not. My spouse is being difficult and now I have been told that I need a "writ of possession" which my lawyer never told me about. My question is how long does it take to get a writ of possession....have my spouse kicked out and allow me to sell the home with no interference??

I appreciate any advice that anyone can give. This is soooo frustrating....thanks in advance to all who reply.

It's kind of a hard question to answer. You have to now Petition the Court to issue the Writ of Possession to have a Judge sign it, then get the Sherriff to enforce it. Could take a couple weeks to a couple months, depending on the Court docket in your area.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X