This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st time user

Hi, this is my 1st time posting. I found this site browsing looking for direction.
    Long story short my common law partner of 5 years and I are entering into the first steps of seperating. We have 2 young children together and a property. First and foremost I wish her no ill will and ideally I want to keep the peace for the sake of the kids. We both want to stay out of the courts and have a verbal arrangement of how we want to proceed.
    In Short:
    Shared custody. Her Wed - Sat. Me Sun - Tues.
    I would like to pay her 1/2 of the equity of the house and keep the property as she has family she can turn to in terms of residence where as I do not. (If at all possible to have her taken off the title)
    I am willing to foot the bills regarding major expenses for the kids as well if she needs help down the road, I will help in a heartbeat.
    That list will more than likely grow as time progresses and we hash things out in greater detail. I guess what I am looking for is similar stories and outcomes from those who may have been in a similar situation.
    I read about the tough love feedback so slap away.

lol...welcome to the forum...your situation sounds like you have things well in hand...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X