Any book lovers here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any book lovers here?

As I decided to take a (long) break from reading papers and watching news because they bring me nothing but stress, I turned to read books. I read pretty much anything but fiction so if you have something good to recommend please do. I built myself a bookshelf and purchased some 20 (mostly used) books and really enjoyed them. Have one more left, just started on it with over 600 pages, called total recall, true life story of A. Schwarzenegger

My partner read A House in the Sky. She loved the book could not put it down.

Comment

I read most of these
      100 Best Novels Modern Library

Comment

Anything written by Terry Pratchett :
        Terry Pratchett Book List - FictionDB

My favs: Going Postal
        Men at arms
        Witches Abroad (lmao)

Comment

Im not a non-fiction lover but every now and then Ill read something but I tend to choose books based on research or something. I read "The Emperor of all Maladies" which was a history of cancer and research/medical treatments. It was really good and gave a lot of info on how it was viewed and treated through the last century. Also read a book called the second life of henrietta sacks (I think thats what it was called) about a woman with cervical cancer who had her cancer cells harvested and they changed the face of medical research but because she was black and poor her family never knew or were contacted/reimbursed. I tried to read that book on Alan Turing (The Imitation Game movie inspiration) but it was a snoozefest.

My partner loves true stories on voyages that went wrong. If thats up your alley I could give you a few titles he has enjoyed.

The library is an awesome place too. Im addicted to it. I have an app for our local library so I just reserve a book from a list I created in it then just pop in, grab it and go. Barely have to see or speak to a person!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X