Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 05-07-2020, 08:07 PM
Banned

Abba435 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Why did the judge award her sole custody?
The written reasons in the judgement were ??
Old 05-08-2020, 09:49 AM

Resident sceptic is on a distinguished road

I will re-read it but frankly, it doesnít matter. Every word I have said is true.
The court was manipulated and misled, if not biased. The whole affair a preposterous mess. The courts not truly equipped to decide the future of children in the first place and as long as people are allowed to get away with lying without serious consequences and people know know that - and they DO know that - the courts are going to fail to serve many children. We will go at least to the lengths outlined in previous posts to try to make it right. I think we have a good chance but I have been wrong before. We will be able to look the children in the eye and say we did everything we could to help them.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:31 AM
Banned

Actually it really does matter.
Judges do not award sole custody on a whim.
If you are alleging court bias what evidence to you have?
Your lawyer must have really blown it or maybe the judge saw through to the truth. They are called Justices for a reason.
There is way more to this than you are willing to disclose.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:30 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

What role did your sonís violence play in it? Did your son dispute the OCL report? Has he requested drug and alcohol screening for his ex?
Old 05-08-2020, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
What role did your sonís violence play in it? Did your son dispute the OCL report? Has he requested drug and alcohol screening for his ex?
There are a few elephants laying low
Old 05-08-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
As I had said in an earlier post; she told the OPP Family Unit officer our son had called for advice, that he was not violent. At first she said she just needed space; then she said he made her feel inadequate but I gather later she claimed he was violent to Ottawa Housing and Legal Aid; how else could she get a three bedroom townhouse on short notice and legal aid for five years? We know people in need of subsidized housing who have been waiting for years; she did it in three months. Well thatís our suspicion. She has never to my knowledge said he was violent in testimony or affidavit. She is the violent one as I have touched on in earlier posts and she doesnít care one whit if the children are present or not. We have some of her outbursts on video but the court never saw them. I donít think the OCL looked at them and have no idea if CAS has viewed them or not but they did definitely have them.

Our son voluntarily took drug tests at an accredited lab because she had accused him of drug use and of course we wanted her to. The closest we came, was a last minute urine test done in the washroom at her lawyers office that they; she and her lawyer; had the temerity to pretentiously disclose as a drug test in their lengthy affidavit...without the qualifier that it was done in the washroom of course.

I donít recall whether we disputed the OCL report or not.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:50 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Thereís a lot of information missing and itís hard to give advice to you on other avenues. Iím not saying you are lying, Iím saying there are some big pieces missing. Some of the things you focus on (like hiring a statistician) are irrelevant and you gloss over important stuff like reasons for decision.

While his ex may have lied to the court, there was evidence the judge would have used. Judges are not stupid or easily swayed. These people have been lawyers for years in their field and then appointed to the position of authority. They see custody cases daily. They read multitudes of affidavits, reports, evidence and hear witness testimony. They know the experts in these cases and they see their reports and recommendations. You give your sonís ex too much credit in getting what she wants. SOMETHING in the initial changes caused the judge to feel it was the lesser of the two evils.

If this is a motion to change custody then he would have had to demonstrate a material change that would trigger custody changes. Has his lawyer said anything about what that is and if it will meet the conditions of the court?

There are a lot of people here who have a lot of experience with custody and they could provide a great deal of insight and advice but there is a lot missing. I say this to help you when you ask further questions for your sonís case.

With respect to your question in this thread I believe you have your answer.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:27 PM
Banned

Your focus could be on ensuring your son is the absolute most rock solid dad ever instead of building your case to discredit the sole custodian and claiming that the judge erred.
If you really want help t do what is best for these kids then anwer the questions about the custody award.
There are many very experienced folks here (and I am certainly not one of the most experienced) who will give you very good information but only if you are fully transparent and not trying to plead your case against the mother.
So again, what were the reasons in the ruling for sole custody. Not your interpretation. What did the judge specifically rule.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:57 PM

I appreciate the feedback and advice and will re-read the reasons for the decision