X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex Hears Voices

Hi All...

I need your advice and thoughts.

The reasons why I left my ex 3 years ago was because things were getting dangerous for me living with her, and it was getting scary. She was psychologically unstable. She would frequently tell me that she saw or hear spirits, angels, her dead ex-husband, etc. I know that this sounds bizarre and extraordinary, but I discovered that she's been on a discussion forum talking about what she hears, and she fully admits that she hears voices and claims to see the dead.

I've always been concerned for my children, and there have been times when other people have voiced their concern over her parenting as well. Once, my baby had such a bad diaper rash that his diaper was full of blood. I went to the CAS, and they did nothing. Every lawyer that I went to told me that there was no hope of me fighting for custody against a woman on any grounds unless I had proof. At that time, I had nothing. Now I do, and ironically, it's from her own hand.

What do you think I should do? Is now the time to act?

One word is to be very careful. The allegations made to CAS can be used against you!

For instance:

CanLII - 2007 CanLII 14325 (ON S.C.)

The court shifted custody of that child with respect to allegations and ordered supervised access to the former custodial parent and a restraining order to go. Strangely the parent making the allegations was a Dad. Gender aside, Get your proof.

lv

Comment

In hindsight -- The courts do have the jurisdiction to order a mental examination under Section 105 of the Courts of Justice Act with respect to Custody and Access to a child.

See this case:

CanLII - 2006 CanLII 13790 (ON S.C.)

lv

Comment

Well, this is the point. I know better to make allegations before I have proof. I have the proof... rock solid, in her own words for the world to see!

Comment

Originally posted by Beaudoin View Post
          Well, this is the point. I know better to make allegations before I have proof. I have the proof... rock solid, in her own words for the world to see!
          If the CAS is not going to make it a child protection matter with respect to an investigation its very difficult to go at it alone regardless of what proof you have.

lv

Comment

I brought my recent discovery (the proof) to CAS today. They are looking into it. I owe it to my children to at least let them know what's going on. I'm leaving it up to the CAS to decide what to do with it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X