This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce Procedure

I have been separated since Dec. 2010 and have just now completed and filed my separation agreement with the courts. The agreement was done without the court process between my ex and myself. Now I would like to apply for my divorce and am unsure what I need to do to get that started.
    I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks
    Barb

Are you in Ontario? Is your ex cooperative and amenable to filing a joint uncontested divorce? If so, go to your nearest courthouse, tell them you would like the forms for a joint uncontested divorce. They will provide you with a package that contains the required forms and guidelines/instructions on how to fill in these forms, as well as information on fees, filing requirements etc. This would be the quickest and easiest way.

Comment

Originally posted by Exquizique View Post
      Are you in Ontario? Is your ex cooperative and amenable to filing a joint uncontested divorce? If so, go to your nearest courthouse, tell them you would like the forms for a joint uncontested divorce. They will provide you with a package that contains the required forms and guidelines/instructions on how to fill in these forms, as well as information on fees, filing requirements etc. This would be the quickest and easiest way.
      Thank you for the info. I actually live in B.C. Would it be the same procedure here?

Comment

Originally posted by barbie1000 View Post
        Thank you for the info. I actually live in B.C. Would it be the same procedure here?
        Sorry, I went through the process in Ontario, thus can speak from experience, but know nothing about the process in BC. Hopefully someone from BC on this forum will chime in and provide some information to you!

Comment

Barbie1000:

Do your own uncontested divorce: Family Law in BC

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X