This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• venting

My ex just cc'd me on an email thread with his lawyer and can you believe this? He's asking for retroactive CS for 3 months when we were STILL LIVING TOGETHER! Not only were we living together but he kept ALL HIS INCOME and I paid all the bills!!! (Including of course, his car insurance, life insurance, groceries, rent and 100% of all the childcare expenses.)

What kind of person manages to rationalize something like that???

Crazy people. So frustrated.

Ask him for CS - and rent - you paid for everything.
    Good thing you are separated....

Comment

Originally posted by LotusLand47 View Post
      Ask him for CS - and rent - you paid for everything.
      Thankfully I documented all of this just for this reason.

Good thing you are separated....
      Good thing is an understatement.

Comment

Sounds like how it was at my house. I paid the mortgage, taxes, house insurance the whole 5 months I was out of the house just to make sure I wouldn't loose it because I knew he wouldn't pay for it. When we went back to court I asked for occupational rent and his lawyer said if I did he would go after me for SS from December of 2010 until now. My lawyer responded to his lawyer stating that if this was what he chose to do ...fine. When we returned to court for the second time the judge told him he would not get SS from Dec 2010 but that it would start the 1st of October (this month) he also told my X that he had to pay me occupational rent 1/2.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorac View Post
          Sounds like how it was at my house. I paid the mortgage, taxes, house insurance the whole 5 months I was out of the house just to make sure I wouldn't loose it because I knew he wouldn't pay for it. When we went back to court I asked for occupational rent and his lawyer said if I did he would go after me for SS from December of 2010 until now. My lawyer responded to his lawyer stating that if this was what he chose to do ...fine. When we returned to court for the second time the judge told him he would not get SS from Dec 2010 but that it would start the 1st of October (this month) he also told my X that he had to pay me occupational rent 1/2.
          That's very reassuring. Thanks.

Comment

omg, chin up, i pay child support because the judge beleived him, i had papers from mothers, allowance and reported any work , he was very anal, but at least he gives the money to my last daughter living at home, so to speak as she is at college, i even had to pay child support while she was living with me to him, not worth the hassel, our laws are wonderful, gag me with a spoon, good luck, i find this site so helpful, even if some of the posts are years, old, it makes u think, u now have a job that will cost, holy , that's the best word i can say that reminds me of the 'f word.

Comment

Some of our exes (be them male or female) are pathetic...thankfully they we are all moving on !

Comment

or moving out, cause we are moving Up....

Comment

i just looked up spouse support calculator and i put in i made 50,000 and he made nothing and i would have to pay him, 80.00 max for 6 months to a year if it was awarded. I would gladly pay that , and hope that he bought something to his distaste......

Comment

Originally posted by meamia View Post
                    i just looked up spouse support calculator and i put in i made 50,000 and he made nothing and i would have to pay him, 80.00 max for 6 months to a year if it was awarded. I would gladly pay that , and hope that he bought something to his distaste......
                    just 80 bucks???? or was that suppose to be 800??

Comment

If entitlement to spousal support is established, Party A pays Party B spousal support in an amount to be determined between $62 and $83 per month (with a midpoint of $73 per month) for a period to be determined between 0.5 to 1 years from the date of separation, according to the Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines ("SSAG") - "Without Child Support" Formula.
                      Monthly payments of spousal support are taxable to the recipient and tax deductible to the payor, if made pursuant to a written separation agreement or court order. yes it is true takes, one thing off my worry list, i shall call it child support and he can go get a new toy with it.

Comment

where did you get the amounts??? I used this one online from a law firm and it was right around what my lawyer said I may get (never went that route though)
                        Calculators- Spousal Support Without Children

Comment

Spousal Support - Ministry of the Attorney General

i hope its true, omg

Comment

i tried yr site and i got the same answer

Comment

What is 'notional child support'??

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X