This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leviathan View Post
    "aww man...is there anything I can do to help??...I mean other than financially (cuz I'm battling my ex right now in court and my lawyer is gouging me like crazy!!!)...I mean not too mention the SS and CS I may be looking at for the next 40 years...S**T guys..I'm so sorry about the house!!..If I could change scenerios with you I would....lets sit and consider that!!"

naw actually that would be kinda mean to say directly...

help out where you can and just be there for them emotionally, really...

good luck and keep us updated Frustrated>
    Ahh, not very helpful.

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
    Offer sympathy if it's a situation you have experienced, or a generic "I can't imagine how awful this must feel" if you have no firsthand knowledge. Because unless you know, you don't.
    Rioe; Thank you

This was the best advice.

I offered the sentiment, "I can't imagine how awful this is", and it was perfect. We then chatted about when they might be able to return home, that this was the worst flooding ever and I wished them well when they do return home.

Comment

Originally posted by frustratedwithex View Post
      Ahh, not very helpful.

Yea..I'm sorry...was my attempt at making things a little funnier...poor choice under the circumstances I guess...my apologies

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
        Perhaps rent or reserve a uhaul for them. I would think that there will be a mad rush on any sort of storage containers in the weeks to come. People usually want to get back to homes and, depending upon how much damage there is, remove things they can before someone steals.

There will likely be thousands of people looking for some sort of storage in the coming weeks.
        This was the first time I met them, only for a few minutes. I don't think there will be much to salvage. Where these people live was one of the hardest hit. They said they had no warning and the water came very, very fast. No time to move things to higher parts of the house.

They have lived in the area for many years and prepared for floods before. They typically have time to sandbag and move belongings. Not this time.

There are pictures of police cars submerged in water. They were sent to warn people to evacuate. In the time it took the officer to get out of the cruiser and walk to the building, the water covered the car. The water didn't just creep over the river bank, it raged.

Comment

It's awful, some of my family is out in Calgary, I've been calling them every morning (they are on high ground, and took in some evacuees).

We were actually there for the Stampede 2 years ago, I can't imagine it will be up and running in time for this year. It will be weeks and weeks of clean up.
          Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Yep, this is where the rodeo and chuckwagons will be! With any luck anyways.

Comment

This is the rest of the grounds.

Major concerts are supposed to be in the Saddledome. Its currently flooded up to the 10 row of seats, will have to see what happens.

I'm pretty sure city officials will push the clean-up efforts ahead. The show will go on!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X