This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
    when I come to court house I do not even qualify for duty counsel (~$60k/ex 0). I do not know how get thous number HammerDad
    There's a big difference between duty counsel/legal aid and mediation through the FLIC office.

If you have questions about it, call here:

Information & Referral Coordinator at the Family Court in Hamilton
    Service provided by AXIS Family Mediation Inc
    Head office (905) 308-8152
    Court office (905) 645-5252 ext 2516

Comment

Originally posted by cashcow4ex View Post
      That doesnt make sense to me. I see my kids about 25% of the time. I cant buy them 25% of a bike, or 25% of cloths. I still have to maintain a home for those children. So I am still buying everything she has to buy excpet for less food.
      Hey...we've even doing it alllll wrong... I've figured it out...we should be renting a room for the days we're not with the children...then the days we have them we're to rent a 2-3 bedroom for those days...you got it all wrong....just rent the clothes..the bikes....toys and so on. Food...we should just get our asses in line at the food bank.... and rent a car, hire a taxi or ride the bus to get our children for those days...shit man what were you....hell what was I thinking all this time!

I really like bills analogy of the 14.00 a day. Like i said born on a day.... but not today. If you take your child support and divide it by the difference of days between you and your ex...the number is much higher...mine worked out to be around the 200.00 a.day...give or take 10-20.00.

Table amounts need to be adjusted according to time with the children for the ncp..plain and simple...bill and anyone else can through numbers around the long and short of it is...it's not the reality its more like the lottery for some moms out there...and i can not speak for anyone else...but my children mother is not spending it on the children!!!! I do not give one rats ass what anyone says to the different....it ain't happening.

Oh and for the record. I am not running for ex of the year either.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
        I make nearly the same as you ($56k'ish). And my ex makes more then me ($68k give or take a bit depending on OT). The Family Law Information Centre (FLIC, found at various family court houses in Ontario) offers mediation based off of income. Based off of my income (being the lower of the two) we were quoted I think $60/hour.....(could've been $70, but still way cheaper).
        I hear of families having to pay for an Ocl with much lower combined income than me and my ex...but ours was free. I think all the mediation services and what not are at the discretion of whomever is administering it for your area.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
          Personally, I believe when it comes to deducting the child, each parent should be able to deduct the child based on their proportionate amount of their income.

The reasoning for my theory is, the guidelines were established to provide that the child(ren) had an equal standard of living as their parents never broke up. Therefore, my c/s amount is (what has been determined by the guidelines) proportionate to what I would have contributed should my ex and I still be together.

Taking my situation into consideration, my income of $56k and my ex's of $68k. My proportionate amount for my daughters up-bringing is 43%. My ex claiming 100% of the child deductions is unfair to me, as she is only paying 57% of the actual cost of upbringing, and does not give me any credit for the amounts I contribute on my daughters behalf. I feel it is a form of unjust enrichmrent for my ex at best, or at worst a violation of my charter rights as my contribution to my child's upbring is not being treated equal under the Income Tax Act.

I don't think we should base deductions off of time with the child, but as to proportion of contribution to the child's upbringing. I also feel it is unfair to me (and those like me) as we have law that openly provides that each parent is not considered equal.

If each parent were able to claim their proportionate amount of child deduction based off of their incomes, that would be more representative of what is actually happening.

Side Note - that is only for those that can verify paying c/s. Deadbeats need not apply.
          In my opinion that was the policatialy correct reason...but the real reason was so that the government could deduct from "mothers" allowance more make dad pay...less the government pays...just a thought.

Rest of your post... I agree.
          Last edited by LostFather; 05-09-2011, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X