This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
    Kudos to you Trinton for initiating a thread appreciating mothers. Wonder if certain posters will stop by to show appreciation for your post. I bet not. lol

I spent the day making sure I had everything perfect for mothers day.

I dont know where i would be without my mother.

I spent quite a bit and just finished mopping, sweeping, yard maintenance, dishes, vacuuming, etc so that my g/f can wake up to a beautiful and relaxing day. My g/f and my mom are the glue to the family and I appreciate EVERYTHING they do.

I also wanted to mention .. I went out and got a heart chain with an "I love you mom" slogan for D5 to give to my ex. I also had D5 make a gorgeous card and she placed the locket in it. You heard it right...for my ex. I think this is extremely important to bury the hatchet and show that you're mature and care about your child enough to do this. I know D5 appreciates that I did this also.

Happy Mother's Day mom's .... Thank you for being awesome every day!!
    Kudos to you LF32 for loving your child more than you hate your ex.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
      Mother's Day History
      Thanks for sharing that. Kudos to Anna Jarvis for her efforts and Kudos to Woodrow Wilson for signing a proclamation designating Mother's Day, held on the second Sunday in May, as a national holiday to honour mothers.
      Last edited by trinton; 05-14-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Wow. Did this ever get over analyzed. I'm far from perfect and my post wasn't meant to come across in that manner.

I saluted mothers in my post. I was raised by a single mother, work around females daily and live with a house full of them.. I have the utmost respect for females, as can be seen in all threads since I came here.

How did I project my past experiences and bash my ex by saying "Happy Mother's Day, while speaking proudly about what I'm doing for it? Are you guys serious? My ex even texted to say she appreciated me going out and getting her a locket from D5, and aslo to thank my D10 for giving her a little card too.

Trust me .. she wouldn't "roll her eyes" about this post Beachnana. She's glad we're doing well and everybody is more than civil. She does the same for me on Fathers Day .. I wouldn't roll me eyes at her either. What exactly is your problem? Geez?

Remind me next Mother's Day that I shouldn't post Happy Mothers Day or any type of positive energy on odf or it will be somehow used to portay me in a negative light. Please dont attack me just because I posted on Trinton's thread.

I can't talk for Trinton but my post certainly wasn't to mock or bash my ex, or make myself seem perfect. It's really too bad the sites come to this. I give a positive message and describe what I'm doing for the ladies in my life and eyes get rolled. What's this world coming to?
        Last edited by LovingFather32; 05-14-2017, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I would like to think Trinton and LF had good intentions with their Mothers Day effort
          I can't speak for trinton but mine were all good...so if you'd like to think that they were good.. do it, because it's correct. Why would my intentions for loving my mother and partner as a mother ... and wanting to spoil them be bad?
          Last edited by LovingFather32; 05-14-2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Remind me next Mother's Day that I shouldn't post Happy Mothers Day or any type of positive energy on odf or it will be somehow used to portay me in a negative light.
            Bang on. I won't be posting them either moving forward.

I can't talk for Trinton but my post certainly wasn't to mock or bash my ex, or make myself seem perfect. It's really too bad the sites come to this. I give a positive message and describe what I'm doing for the ladies in my life and eyes get rolled.
            Bang on again. All I said was despite of what the mother of my child has done and is doing to me (and despite her not giving me father's days) I still held my respect for her as a mom, took the higher road, and offered her to have our daughter for the entire weekend. I have read many cases on Canlii and many of the single moms should only be wishing they could get the entire mother's day weekend as opposed to just the Sunday. I further wished all mother's a happy and blissful mother's day this special day. The only thing this suggests is how much respect I have for moms and that will be transparent with our daughter - she will always remember all the father's day she didn't get to be with me and all the mother's day weekends I encouraged and facilitated for her to be with her mom. I've done nothing wrong here and in fact what I did was child focused.

What's this world coming to?
            People take many things for granted these days and often just use it to bolster their own egos. It leads you to the point, why even bother trying to do something right when you're constantly criticized and attacked for EVERYTHING you do good or bad?

Comment

LF32, I suspect Trinton's post may be the straw that broke the camel's back. His words and intent did not compliment each other. His best wishes should have been just that, but they weren't. Had it been left at HMD, I doubt he would have received these responses. But he chose to make the post about himself. You added to the responders frustrations by doing the same thing. Unfortunately, Trinton is so (rightfully/understandably) bitter right now, a simple HMD post turned into something else. There are times the bitterness needs to be turned off.

Comment

I would like to think Trinton and LF had good intentions with their Mothers Day effort

I can't speak for trinton but mine were all good...so if you'd like to think that they were good.. do it, because it's correct. Why would my intentions for loving my mother and partner as a mother ... and wanting to spoil them be bad?
                I could speak for my self... how could ANYONE's intentions for encouraging and facilitating for their daughter to be with their mom for mother's day weekend be possibly bad? It doesn't matter, I won't be wishing a happy mother's day on this forum anymore now that I know how they perceive these wishes when they come from separated dad's. It's actually quite disturbing to me that they think this to be the case.

Comment

It speaks volumes about your characters that after all of this, you both feel as though there was nothing wrong with your approach, and are acting as though a great injustice has been commited.

Comment

If you have to brag about how you are taking the high road, you are not, in fact, taking the high road.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
                      If you have to brag about how you are taking the high road, you are not, in fact, taking the high road.
                      So you are suggesting that I should have kept the entire weekend and not offered her anytime for mother's day because she is in technically in contempt of our court order and owing me a long weekend - that would have been the high road, right - to hold mother's day hostage of time being owed.

Comment

My God get over yourselves....

I said happy mothers day and was proud of what I was doing. I can say more than HMD if I want ... it doesn't mean I'm bragging....and somehow "not" taking some kind of high road? Huh? I'm trying to figure out if this is just some kind of prank .. or if you're projecting Trinton recent hostility to me because I simply posted here.

I told my mom what I did for my g/f....I told my g/f what I did for my mom....hey I even told my buddy today what I did and he also told me what he did. So that's taking a low road, bragging...or whatever other rubbish posters seem to be writing today? Please? Get a hold of yourselves.

I'm allowed to be proud of treating the mothers in my life good. It's sad what some must be going through to be able to turn it around and make such a positive thing .. so negative. Makes me lose faith in humanity. Cheer up folks. I shared my mother's day with you ... that's all.
                        Last edited by LovingFather32; 05-14-2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

She believed that the day's sentiment was being sacrificed at the expense of greed and profit. In 1923 she filed a lawsuit to stop a Mother's Day festival, and was even arrested for disturbing the peace at a convention selling carnations for a war mother's group. Before her death in 1948, Jarvis is said to have confessed that she regretted ever starting the mother's day tradition.
                          Similarly I regret ever having posted this thread. This is turning into soap opera now and all about greed and profit - if you mention yourself in your mother's day thread then it's not acceptable and an insult . Mod's please close. I apologize for any inconvenience.
                          Last edited by trinton; 05-14-2017, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soiled View Post
                            It speaks volumes about your characters that after all of this, you both feel as though there was nothing wrong with your approach, and are acting as though a great injustice has been commited.
                            Can you point to anywhere in my initial post in this thread where I speak of injustice?

Also, whether my "approach" in my past relationship was or wasn't the right one (I did the best I could) isn't relevant to today's sharing's of mothers day. I personally think it's disgusting that you're digging the bottom of the barrel to attack my character for sharing my mothers day experience. Pretty grotesque stuff. (Talk about speaking volumes of charter .. yikes).

Comment

Many are doing what they preach not to do on other threads. This was a total trolling fest Trinton ... they're pissed at you because you write like you're pissed at women.

This has nothing to do with mothers day...it's a revenge thing. They derailed and attacked. Just roll with it. They complain about this in other threads and come and do it themselves. This didn't deserve eye rolling and unnecessary, negative, false interpretations. It was a happy mothers day post for god sakes. You could be the biggest gentlemen in the world and they will turn you into a monster somehow. Just how these forums go sometimes.

Soiled .. I'm saying I was simply proud of the mothers in my life and what I planned and did for them. Why keep stopping by and challenging that? Do you really have nothing better to do? Is that where your life is at? Furthermore, were you not the one who kept yelling for me to not "beat a dead horse" and to stop posting in other threads? Well nothing you're saying here is correct .. in fact it's quite disturbing. So take your own beautiful advice and stop beating a dead horse .. take a hike.
                              Last edited by LovingFather32; 05-14-2017, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Many are doing what they preach not to do on other threads. This was a total trolling fest Trinton ... they're pissed at you because you write like you're pissed at women.

This has nothing to do with mothers day...it's a revenge thing. They derailed and attacked. Just roll with it. They complain about this in other threads and come and do to themselves. This didn't deserve eye rolling and unnecessary, negative, false interpretations. It was a happy mothers day post for god sakes. You could be the biggest gentlemen in the world and they will turn you into a monster somehow. Just how these forums go sometimes.
                                I realize that. But I have very clearly stated before that:

Originally posted by trinton View Post
                                there are very pleasant single moms out there
                                I don't understand how I am referring to them when I mention my former partner. Don't we come onto this site to talk about our former partners and the difficulties that we encounter with them and the best ways to deal with them? Are we not all in this together? Did we not all have to go through and deal with a separation? Yes, a separation is indeed one of the worst things a human will experience in their life time. And seems instead of supporting one another we are all attacking one another. No where in my initial post did I liken my ex with the mother's on here - matter of fact and quite the contrary, many of them have been very helpful to me and I have wished them ALL a happy mother's day. I'm starting to think it's because I talked about my former spouse in this happy mother's day thread, however, I simply don't understand why they like to or would want to liken themselves with my former spouse - especially if they are nothing like her.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X