• Show
Clear All

Copyright Act, Fair Dealing

Today at lunch I read (scan) Copyright Act, RSC 1985, c C-42

particularly interested section is:

Exceptions

Fair Dealing
    Research or private study

29. Fair dealing for the purpose of research or private study does not infringe copyright.

R.S., 1985, c. C-42, s. 29; R.S., 1985, c. 10 (4th Supp.), s. 7; 1994, c. 47, s. 61; 1997, c. 24, s. 18.

Criticism or review

29.1 Fair dealing for the purpose of criticism or review does not infringe copyright if the following are mentioned:

(a) the source; and
    (b) if given in the source, the name of the
    (i) author, in the case of a work,
    (ii) performer, in the case of a performer’s performance,
    (iii) maker, in the case of a sound recording, or
    (iv) broadcaster, in the case of a communication signal.

1997, c. 24, s. 18.

News reporting

29.2 Fair dealing for the purpose of news reporting does not infringe copyright if the following are mentioned:

(a) the source; and
    (b) if given in the source, the name of the
    (i) author, in the case of a work,
    (ii) performer, in the case of a performer’s performance,
    (iii) maker, in the case of a sound recording, or
    (iv) broadcaster, in the case of a communication signal.

1997, c. 24, s. 18.
    but it still does not clear how much can be used etc...

I probably better start working on article itself and than deal with copyright. I just got feeling than more I read about that Copyright staff than less and less I have desire to do it... I just afraid that I spent all my energy and inspiration on dealing with "Copyright" and nothing will left for real staff

If someone came across something like Copyright for Dummies (Canada) I would really appreciated it you point me into it ...

PS:
    I was also reading today some Citation Guide and now I finally know what is:

Ibid.

Ibid. (which means “in the same place”) is used when references to the same work immediately follow each other, and may differ only in terms of page number. If the work refers to the same page, the citation simply reads Ibid. Note that the word Ibid. is followed by a period. If the citation refers to a different page of the same work, use Ibid. followed by a comma and the new page number (e.g., Ibid., 8.). If the item you are referencing is on a web page that is not numbered, simply use Ibid. (NOT Ibid., World Wide Web).

Comment

Citation guidelines

Hi, WorkingDad,
      You can check out the two main citation guides for research papers: MLA and APA.
      MLA citation style · Library "How To" Guides · Help & Instruction · Concordia Libraries
      Citation and Style Guides · Library "How To" Guides · Help & Instruction · Concordia Libraries

Good luck!

Comment

If you want any documentation on blogging, or where to begin, how to create one blog and have it fired off to multiple sites etc (let me know)...

I'm in IT all day...and most nights...

Comment

Working dad, I have a degree in English and I think we live pretty close. I also have numerous friends that are bi-lingual in your native language and English. If you still require help with the English formatting, I will help you.

Comment

Originally posted by FaithandMorals View Post
            Working dad, I have a degree in English and I think we live pretty close. I also have numerous friends that are bi-lingual in your native language and English. If you still require help with the English formatting, I will help you.
            Thank you
            I will keep in mind
            have to finish with my case first thou...

Comment

If you need help editing, I can assist with that. I used to write Multi-Million Dollar Proposals/Bids, also background in Marketing Communications.

Offer is there.

Comment

I've been peeling through all of WorkingDad's posts. Very imformative. I notice somewhere (can't find it now) he posted his OCL report.

I am awaiting disclsure (and 2,d interview first ) and I am so damn curious to see what one looks like (not names or too much detail) but they kind of assumptions they make, how they phrase things. I think it would help me prpeare myself for disclosure.

If not workingdad's does anyone have an example of one posted somewhere? I've googled to the ends of the internet with no luck.

Comment

My OCL just getting started. Initial phases. At first I was looking forward to it so they can see the amazing relationship D3 and I have. But now it worries me a tad. How can ONE report pack so much UMPH!

Comment

Have you had your first interview yet?

The first one is all "ears" - they just let you talk. You can talk yourself into a circle if you wanted. They have standard questions - remarkably close to the list provided on here under that sticky.

I can extremely button down and prepared. So I calmly went through my key points. I think the assessor was thrown off - I was suppose to be raging and ranting. She said "hmm most people dish more".

I said nothing negative about the mother - at all.

The second interview the tables turn and she/he is suppose to "grill" you on your facts.

Let me know if you have any question or want any help...the 1st interview is vital - its sets the stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Headwaters1 View Post
                      Have you had your first interview yet?

The first one is all "ears" - they just let you talk. You can talk yourself into a circle if you wanted. They have standard questions - remarkably close to the list provided on here under that sticky.

I can extremely button down and prepared. So I calmly went through my key points. I think the assessor was thrown off - I was suppose to be raging and ranting. She said "hmm most people dish more".

I said nothing negative about the mother - at all.

The second interview the tables turn and she/he is suppose to "grill" you on your facts.

Let me know if you have any question or want any help...the 1st interview is vital - its sets the stage.
                      I feel I can articulate myself pretty well. Still I feel I must hit all my key points and start off well.

Comment

Guys I have an OCL report that I can share with you. All the names and identification details will be blacked out. The only problem, I cannot post it here due to size. So if you PM me your email addresses I will email you the OCL report

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X