Parental rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadbeat - Definition of a Deadbeat Parent

I believe the term "deadbeat" is best described above in relation to someone not paying child support.

Comment

Originally posted by Gooddadbadbreak View Post
      So I've been labelled a "dead beat" on this forum for not paying child support even though I have a court order stating I don't have to pay!!!!
      Yet this poster is being told that she has managed to support her daughter by herself!!!!

Double standards at it's finest!!!!!!!!!
      It isn't a double standard at all.

The OP is stating that she signed an agreement with no provision for CS. Of course this is something that can be opened up at any time. But to go to court, you would want to arm yourself with reasons why you didn't seek CS when the agreement was signed, but are now seeking it 13 years later.

The double standard is with the OP, who wants to change the support provisions, but wants the access to stay the same as it was in the original. If you recognize that the order can be opened up for one, you can for the other.

Comment

Not interested in your opinion of me....I'm sure it would be a delight to hear it all the positivity flowing into words LOL!

I miss read your post AnarX as in a gold digger was only female and a deadbeat only male and I see it was not that you where stating.

Comment

He molested the child. Probably. Child has learning disorder, cant report crime adequately, Ex gets away with it each visit. Sounds like a real creep.
          You have serious issues. This OP said zero about molestation or child abuse. She said that the father "acted inappropriately" and didn't clarify her subjective opinion nor did she take any action besides denying him access.

If this child was molested and it wasn't reported to the authorities, this mother isn't fit to have custody. Reporting a crime against a child should be done automatically by any parent.

My nephew has ADHD, he's in university now and perfectly articulate and personable. My boyfriend was diagnosed with ADHD as a child...today he's a very successful aerospace engineer. A child with ADHD is perfectly capable of giving a statement to CAS or the police.

Leaping to this conclusion is what's creepy. The more you post, the more I think your fitness to be around children is highly questionable.
          Last edited by Pursuinghappiness; 02-06-2014, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by good_mom View Post
            I miss read your post AnarX as in a gold digger was only female and a deadbeat only male and I see it was not that you where stating.
            That is fine. It does not surprise me in the least. I have come to expect that from at least 50% of the general population.

I am used to being attacked by people who falsely accuse me of what they fabricate and see in their own heads. That is one more sad lesson I will have to toss into the Birds And The Bees Y2K course I will teach my sons when they get older --- which is still one of my parental rights.

Comment

Originally posted by pitario View Post
              I am trying to understand why someone thinks the way they do.
              People change their mind about stuff all the time. Why would you be so amazed that someone would on this topic? I mean, it's only FAMILY, right?

How could anyone ever regret walking away from their own child?

Easiest decision to make in the world!! And even easier to never doubt it.

Awesome! Stick to your guns! Put up every obstacle you can think of to deny and deter. I'm sure your daughter will love you EVEN MORE for your efforts.

Hey, didn't you change your mind about the route you were going to drive because of traffic as explained on the radio?

Too Bad!! You already decided! You MUST take the route you now know sucks. Deal.
              Last edited by wretchedotis; 02-06-2014, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pitario View Post
                Sorry to disappoint but I am not goodluckbadluck, or whatever the name is. I am not here looking for sympathy. Far from it. I am trying to understand why someone thinks the way they do. If you don't care to answer, that's fine. Please don't sling unfounded accusations my way. Now, to move on and answer your questions.

My daughter had no contact for 12 years. He met her once just after she was born. A
                relationship, which was encouraged by me, started in December 2012 and ended in June 2013. My daughter wants nothing to do with him because of his in appropriate behaviour towards her. I still encouraged some form of access but he refused and is now piggybacking my motion with an access motion.
                What was the inappropriate behavior? I reread this thread. If I understand correctly. You first encouraged your daughter to make contact with her long lost father.. (A stranger whom she does not know.) She saw him. She went camping. She does not want to see him anymore. He wants to see her. You say its okay to see her provided that another adult is present. He does not like that provision. (Seems reasonable objection to me. Let me place myself in his shoes... I have a teenage niece.. If her mother came out and said she can only see me and talk to me if another adult is present ... would it not automatically make it look that I am prone to doing something bad to my niece? If that were the case why would a mother ever allow her child to be around an adult which requires another adult to me present?)

What is it that another adult present would achieve in your opinion? Does it matter which adult? A male or female adult? His best buddy? An adult you chose and approve of?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X