X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit

Hi Everyone:

I need some help in responding to my former spouse's Variation Application filed six months ago.

Thought we had it settled but his counsel under his instructions gave a draft order to my (I am assuming) former counsel (he won't respond to phone calls or emails).

I called the Court and they told me I had to respond to his Emergency Variation Application filed six months ago. I do want to vary the amount of spousal support down considerably.

I followed the rules and each sentence is numbered. Stuck to the facts including some, not all of our negotations. The issue is mainly he didn't address previous arrears or marital assets that he sold/got rid of before our quickie divorce was final. He has also paid nothing even though our suspension order said he was suppose to. I also pointed out his numerous lies to get out of a spousal support order.

Opinion of whether this will be accepted by the Court.

Should I contact his counsel and give her and my ex the chance to move this forward without going to Court.

Any suggestions/opinion will be appreciated.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X