X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandparent rights

Hi everyone:

I have an eight month old grandson. My ex husband alienated me from my grandsons's father (my son). My son will now not allow me to have my grandson overnight. My grandson's mother says I can visit when my son is not there. For what it is worth, my grandson's mother is one very good mother.

My ex husband also goes all over Facebook (before I quit Facebook) saying that his new partner is my grandson's grandmother and I am not. There is a lot of other drama too.

Is there anything I can do to get better access to my grandson?

This thread may be useful to you:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...parents-13719/

Comment

Since your grandson's mother is very agreeable to having you visit him while his father is not present, why not take advantage of her offer? You can establish a bond while your grandbaby is still very young and it can only grow to be more wonderful. You and the child's mother will also have the opportunity to deepen your relationship, and this will also bode well for the grandson.

In time, the alienation between you and your son will very likely fall away. There's nothing like a loving relationship with a grandchild to further bond the parents to the grandparent. Believe me.

Remember...never, ever let animosity come between you and your grandchild. The relationship between grandparents and their grandchildren is almost a sacred thing and is so very important to the grandchildren's (and grandparent's) welfare. You're fortunate to have the mother's co-operation. I don't doubt that she realizes the value of grandparents in her child's life. Cultivate her friendship and only good can follow for you and your family.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X