Offer to settle sample

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offer to settle sample

Does anyone have a sample offer to settle letter that they are willing to share?

Please see below info by rockscan
    Last edited by LovingDad1234; 02-20-2020, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stacey81 View Post
      Does anyone have a sample offer to settle letter that they are willing to share?

Your offer will be straight forward as it only involves cs for three remaining kids.

Plus you only need to offer what you are willing to pay. It can be similar to minutes of settlement or simply what you are offering going forward. See suggestion below which will start with any arrears you currently owe.

1. Cs is set at x amount for kid 2, kid 3 and kid 4.
      2. Cs is only payable after age 18 if the child is in a full time program of study with records of enrollment provided by sept 15 and jan 15 of each term.
      3. Cs for a child living away from home will be set at summer only support.
      4. School expenses are as follows: tuition books and residence (if applicable). No other expenses will be included unless otherwise agreed to by both parties in writing in advance.
      5. The child will contribute 1/3 the total school expenses. The remaining net expenses will be calculated proportionate to income.

You can also add, should a child cease to be a child of the marriage, the parent will advise accordingly within 8 days of the child’s change in status at which time the parties will modify support for the remaining children. Should the parent not provide information, the overpayment will be applied to any outstanding or future expenses owing.

(lovingdad, read the posters backstory before posting long posts about irrelevant info)

Comment

A offer is a legally binding document if it is accepted.
        Make sure it is written very specifically.

In the matter of the Application filed by the Applicant at the City Of XXXX, Ontario and dated by the Applicant XXXX 2018, the Respondent hereby submits this Offer to Settle all matters between the parties arising from the Application and from the Response that form part of the Trial Record and as set out below.

All prior offers made by the Respondent in this matter are hereby rescinded entirely.

This Offer To Settle is open to acceptance by way of written notice from YYYY on or before 11:59 pm on the XXth day of February 2020 failing which this offer shall be null and void.

This Offer To Settle is hereby executed by the Respondent XXXXX at XX Township on XXX, 2020. Get it witnessed.

Comment

I was going to offer this:
          1. CS will stop for the 20 year old as of Jan 18 2018 when she turned 18 and no longer in school. Any overpayment will be credited toward my arrears.
          2. CS for the 2 other kids will stop at the age of 18 and they are no longer in high school.
          3. If any of the children continue with post secondary a decsion will be made at that time by both parents on each parents contribution.
          4. That the mother inform me the father of all education and health issues pertaining to the children of the marriage.
          5.should a child cease to be a child of the marriage, the parent will advise accordingly within 8 days of the child’s change in status at which time the parties will modify support for the remaining children. Should the parent not provide information, the overpayment will be applied to any outstanding or future expenses owing.
          6. That both parties not include the children in any adult discussion.

Just a note...I have no relationship with these children since I found out all the lies that I have been told about them not going to school..My oldest have cut off all ties with anyone involved in my life including my wife, step daugher, my parents and sister...When my wife questioned my daughter as if she did anything to upset her her response was " no you are just guilty by association'

Comment

4 and 6 are unenforceable. Take those out.

Remember an offer is what you want to settle the issue before trial. It doesnt have to be an order or worded that way. It is an offer—i will give you $10,000 to go away.

As for your kids, if you want them left out then do it yourself. Being mad because they lied is bringing them in.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X