Before and after school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before and after school

Child 10, joint custody, one week on, one week off.

One parent wants only after school program (ASP) for the next school year, another parent needs both, before and after (BAA).

Parent 1: I will only for AP every other week.
    Parent 2: We both need to pay for BAA monthly and split the costs.

Who is right? Is this S7 expense?

Thank you

If the care is needed for the parent to work then yes it is a section 7 cost and is to be split proportionate to income.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
      If the care is needed for the parent to work then yes it is a section 7 cost and is to be split proportionate to income.

Yes, the other parent needs to work hence the need to both before and after. Thanks rockcan. You're always so helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by Mother View Post
        Parent 1: I will only for AP every other week.
        Parent 2: We both need to pay for BAA monthly and split the costs.
        I don't think you need to sign up for BAA on your time. Let the other parent work it out. Find some home day cares that would only charge on the ex's weeks.

Then I would offer to pay the proportionate amount of what it would cost to pay the home daycare person. If the ex wants to pay for a full month of BAA, that sounds like something that is not your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
          I don't think you need to sign up for BAA on your time. Let the other parent work it out. Find some home day cares that would only charge on the ex's weeks.

Then I would offer to pay the proportionate amount of what it would cost to pay the home daycare person. If the ex wants to pay for a full month of BAA, that sounds like something that is not your problem.

If it’s every other week then it’s two weeks a month that before school care is needed. There are not a lot of options for before and after school care. I know a few parents who are on wait lists for it. Many daycares also charge full price to hold the spot even if you aren’t there. (Daycare is such bullshit anymore and I pity parents who need it due to said BS)

If there is no other option and the working parent absolutely needs it, it would be ordered as section 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If it�s every other week then it�s two weeks a month that before school care is needed. There are not a lot of options for before and after school care. I know a few parents who are on wait lists for it. Many daycares also charge full price to hold the spot even if you aren�t there. (Daycare is such bullshit anymore and I pity parents who need it due to said BS)

If there is no other option and the working parent absolutely needs it, it would be ordered as section 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, rockscan, you are absolutely correct on all points.

It's one week on, one week off, so each parent needs it for two weeks a month. One wants ASP only. Another parent needs both, BAA.

It's not just the parents have not too many options; it' more like no options. In this case there is only one option really.

Just spoke with the daycare supervisor a minute ago who said: she cannot have two different schedules every other week; you either pay monthly or basically get lost. Register and pay today or I am not keeping your spot, it'll be gone today..... So "I only pay for ASP" parent doesn't get it, they have no choice to pay just for this or just for that. It is all or nothing and I don't know how to explain it to them.
            Last edited by Mother; 07-08-2021, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mother View Post
              Yes, rockscan, you are absolutely correct on all points.

It's one week on, one week off, so each parent needs it for two weeks a month. One wants ASP only. Another parent needs both, BAA.

It's not just the parents have not too many options; it' more like no options. In this case there is only one option really.

Just spoke with the daycare supervisor a minute ago who said: she cannot have two different schedules every other week; you either pay monthly or basically get lost. Register and pay today or I am not keeping your spot, it'll be gone today..... So "I only pay for ASP" parent doesn't get it, they have no choice to pay just for this or just for that. It is all or nothing and I don't know how to explain it to them.

You tell them daycare is required for the children regardless of the week about schedule and the daycare charges xyz for this care. The other parent’s share is abc.

Then you put them on ignore. If they don’t like it, then can seek out a decision from a judge and that answer will be in the required care parent’s favour.

If need be, you can quote the child support guidelines which clearly state daycare for a parent to work is a section 7 expense.

Comment

You tell them daycare is required for the children regardless of the week about schedule and the daycare charges xyz for this care. The other parent�s share is abc.

Then you put them on ignore. If they don�t like it, then can seek out a decision from a judge and that answer will be in the required care parent�s favour.

If need be, you can quote the child support guidelines which clearly state daycare for a parent to work is a section 7 expense.
                Rockscan, thank you very much. Your suggestion was great and helped a lot.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X