No announcement yet.

Exchanging Annual Financial Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never provided the whole NOA. I just send line 150 and cover everything else. I have never had any problems doing this. Anything beyond line 150 is off limits, imo.

Comment

My husband has sent the four pages of the T1 and the single page of the NOA.

His lawyer advised that even though line 150 is the only thing needed, it’s easier to avoid a battle for disclosure to provide what he did.

Comment

What could your ex do with the information contained in the NOA? Assume your ex is evil, what line could provide information that could be used to harm you?

Comment

Because then you are being petty and stupid. Just hand over the whole NOA.

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
            All that matters is Line 15000 so why should I give her anything else?
            Easier to provide a fake NOA if you only give line 15000. It gives the appearance of having something to hide. If there was some gain to you in hiding this information, I would say go for it.

However, as I pointed out, even if your ex is evil, there really is no information in an NOA beyond line 15000 that could be used against you, not one bit.

Looking sneaky though tends to piss off judges in family law cases. You may or may not be going back to court, but why would you want to start with one foot in a hole?

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
              Easier to provide a fake NOA if you only give line 15000.
              It is shocking to see how many fake NOAs people use in courts. More shocking to see how many people get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                It is shocking to see how many fake NOAs people use in courts. More shocking to see how many people get away with it.
                How do they get caught? It seems like it would be so easy to fake.

Also, submitting a fake NOA to the courts seems like a crazy risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                  How do they get caught? It seems like it would be so easy to fake.

Also, submitting a fake NOA to the courts seems like a crazy risk.
                  Only time I have seen it get caught is when someone gets an order for disclosure where they can retrieve the records themselves right from CRA. The evidence needed to prove that the provided document was fake was astronomical.

If the CRA was integrated better with the court system no party would ever need to submit their NOA for anything.

Comment

Doesn't the law state that the tax returns AND the NOA be provided?
                    It doesn't say part of the NOA. It says the NOA.

Comment

http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/f.../w1-f1.html#s1

this is a link on how to manually calculate income for Child Support.

Lawyers rely on DivorseMate but many lawyers neglect to include lines/inputs from the NOA and fail to include the proper deductions and additions.

if you have dividend income, employment expenses, carrying charges, etc, all needs to be added/subtracted from Line 150 to accurately calculate Income for Child Support purposes.

So you line 150, may not be your true income.

Comment

Can I ask, what is the basis for the annual exchange of info? I understand there's a duty to disclose if there's a material change, but I am unaware of an annual exchange of info. I ask because I have been after my ex- for updated financial info, I sent her a request under section 25(3) that she ignored. I guess my only option to take her to court to force disclosure. But I wonder what I'm missing re annual exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie dad View Post
                          Can I ask, what is the basis for the annual exchange of info? I understand there's a duty to disclose if there's a material change, but I am unaware of an annual exchange of info. I ask because I have been after my ex- for updated financial info, I sent her a request under section 25(3) that she ignored. I guess my only option to take her to court to force disclosure. But I wonder what I'm missing re annual exchange.

To determine if there is any change in shares for s7 if she is the recipient. Or if she pays you, to see if there should be an update.

Comment

Right but what's the legal basis for the obligation to do it? Like, is there a section of law somewhere that says it has to be done, or should it say it in the agreement/order?

Comment

It’s in the child support guidelines. Your next step would be to file a form 20 request for disclosure. If the refuse that, you file a motion for disclosure then a judge can order them to disclose their income.

Comment

Thank you! One last question if I may as I don't see it when I google Form 20 - under 25(3) Child Support Guidelines, which is what I used as the basis to ask her for info, there's a requirement that the requestor provide three years of info with the request. I don't see the same requirement for Form 20 - is there any such requirement for filing the form?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X