This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Assessment via Registered Mail

Ok, Im about at the end of my rope...............My x has been ranting, via email, all week about "Notice of Assessment".

He received all of my notices of assessment from 04 to 08 every year. He lost(04 to 06) and reqested them in 07, which I complied and gave him copies with CS chq. Again in 08 he asked for them(04 to 07), I again complied and gave him copies with CS chq. Now he wants them all over again..........
    I have offered to give him the last 3 yrs of assessments, and I would send them registered mail. I also had someone sign and witness that the documents are in the envelope and included that signed document with the assessments & I kept one for myself. He will not accept that, he says he cant guarantee that, that is what is in the envelope.

Am I doing my due dilegence or do I need to hand deliver these documents and have him open them and then sign that he recieved them.............I have offered to send to his lawyer to confirm the contents of the envelope, but I havent heard back from him............

Thanks for your input.

he's playing mind games with you. Registered mail was as far as you needed to go. But if having your lawyer send them and his lawyer send a confirmation would help, I would just do it.

Yes, you due diligence has been met...long ago!

Comment

May I ask why you have been asked to provide them?

Comment

I have offered to give him the last 3 yrs of assessments, and I would send them registered mail. I also had someone sign and witness that the documents are in the envelope and included that signed document with the assessments & I kept one for myself. He will not accept that, he says he cant guarantee that, that is what is in the envelope
        That's why you had someone else witness it. Sheesh Personally I would simply send it via registered mail(signature required) to his lawyer. Don't bother with yours if you don't have to.

That way it costs him ~ $100 to have his lawyer get the documents, as well as more $ for the appointment to review it. (It would also then be ON FILE with the lawyer, so if he "loses" them again, simply direct him to contact his attorney for a copy)

Comment

Originally posted by NBDad View Post
          That way it costs him ~ $100 to have his lawyer get the documents, as well as more $ for the appointment to review it. (It would also then be ON FILE with the lawyer, so if he "loses" them again, simply direct him to contact his attorney for a copy)
          awesome advice

Comment

Originally posted by Pharah View Post
            May I ask why you have been asked to provide them?
            Hi Pharah,
            We are arguing over him signing up our son for an activity that falls on my time.............he likes to intimidate and be belligerent when he dosent get his own way. It isnt working this time, so he's trying a new tactic.............

Comment

Originally posted by NBDad View Post
              That's why you had someone else witness it. Sheesh Personally I would simply send it via registered mail(signature required) to his lawyer. Don't bother with yours if you don't have to.
              Hi NBDad,
              Thanks again for your solid advice and all your previous posts. I already sent the documents registered mail, so if he dosent sign for them, I will certainly get his lawyers info(as far as I know he hasnt spoken to a lawyer in the 7 yrs since our agreement was signed)and forward it to them..........without going through my lawyer.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X