This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independentgal

I will reitterate that my ENTIRE scenario is not a norm so don't go by it; I've had other lawyers say that they've never seen anything so bizarre before, so RELAX, KNOW GOD IS WATCHING OVER YOU 'GREATER IS HE WHO IS IN ME THAN IS IN THE WORLD'--I mean that. Since I have some semblance of sanity, I know God has been with me, 'cause I know I'm not getting through this on my own accord. YOU'LL BE FINE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by independentgal
      I want to bring a voice recorder in my pocket, is that allowed?
      No need to bring a recorder, everything that is said is already being recorded and your lawyer will receive a copy of the transcripts, which you can then get from him/her.

Good Luck on Monday!!!

Comment

Independentgal,

I'd go in there with the attitude of "give him enough rope, he'll hang himself"! Actually, in your place, I would HOPE that he freaks out, and the earlier in the session, the better.. let them see him for who he really is, right? Let his lawyer see what he's in for, should he take this before a judge instead of settling out of court. Hold your head high, your shoulders squared, and your jaw firm; appear confident even if you're not. And give yourself a little 'pep' talk before you go (that works well for me), to remind yourself of all the crap he's put you through, and that he's just about to show his true colors. If you feel yourself crumbling at any time, ask for a break, like Grace said, and go someplace you can have a few minutes alone to talk yourself through it, and re-prepare.

Comment

I'm going through the same, received my husbands counter offer 12 hours before our court appearance, just take your husband to trial, don't waste anymore money. My husband also assaulted me, he was charged and his pre-trial did not go well for him.

Comment

12 hours before court appearance?
            Is it even legal to give such little notice?

Comment

Independentgal,

How did it go? Give us an update.

Comment

Yes Grace I'm also curious as to how Independentgal's discoveries went. Strange how she hasn't posted since; hopefully she's been out celebrating 'cause it went better than expected.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X